IW STi Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yep, that was me. Can't comment on the ECU since I have not found out the details yet. We ran 295/30-18 A6's all around. Considering it was my first Nats and only the 2nd time driving the car, yes all things considered I think I did fairly well. :)
That's a crazy tire size. Did you trim the rear fenders down/roll etc?
Any pics? i'd love to see them

·
Registered
160 Posts
That's a crazy tire size. Did you trim the rear fenders down/roll etc?
Any pics? i'd love to see them
No modifications necessary with the allowable offset in Stock. Pics are online, links are over at SCCAForums.com somewhere.

Gearz - Did you have to revalve those KW's with those spring rates? If so, where did you get them revalved?

·
Registered
19 Posts
No modifications necessary with the allowable offset in Stock. Pics are online, links are over at SCCAForums.com somewhere.

Gearz - Did you have to revalve those KW's with those spring rates? If so, where did you get them revalved?
No, we didn't need to revalve the shocks. The KW's have quite a range of adjustment but the force/velocity curve seems to be somewhat linear. In order to get good low-speed force I have to dial them up a bit but the high speed is too stiff at that point. With HPT being so smooth it's no big deal but if we were on a rougher lot it would be less than ideal. I'm hoping to end up with a shock next year that has a more digressive curve.

I think RaceComp can help with revalving KW's.

-Brian Meyer

·
Registered
147 Posts
I went, drove poorly, coned on my best runs, finished in the bottom half of the class but had a great time anyhow. Congratulations to Colin for winning in STU.:tup:

We didn't have much time to get the setup working on the car and this is my first season on street tires (over 10 years on Hoosiers) but I still hoped to do better. Maybe next year.

Vikingmoose, here's the setup on the car as we ran it at Nationals:
KW Clubsport coilovers from RaceComp
Cusco camber plates
650# springs thanks to Steve at Zzyzx Motorsports
Harman Motive 22mm rear swaybar
Stock front swaybar
Harman Motive intake and TBE with extra O2 bung after the cat
Tomei UE header
Harman Motive STU 91 tune (mild) on a Cobb AccessPort
AVO Caster bushings from Harman Motive
Dunlop Z1's on 9.5" TRMotorsports wheels.

Plans for next year are to get better shocks (probably Zzyzx) switch to Bridgestone tires (just because of their support for the sport) and try out some different spring rates. The 450# (8N/mm) springs that came with the KW's are not bad and with the Harman 25mm front bar the car feels great. When we went to the stiffer springs it brought on a lot more understeer and some of the changes we did to counter it made the inside rear wheel unload enough to get wheel spin on corner exit. I went back to the 450# springs and the HM front bar for a local event last weekend and the balance came back.

I'm slowly getting used to the ST tires. The hardest part has been learning to move the braking points way way back from where I'm used to. This car is a blast to drive when you get it right.

-Brian Meyer

What are your ride heights?

·
Registered
147 Posts
^^No im not building one. I already have a decently prepped 05. I would like to just because i like setting up cars though. But anyway...i would try dropping that car by atleast half an inch and play from there...maybe even going more in the rear. Dont be afraid of drastic changes (u will never know how the car reacts unless you try it)

What were your alignment settings?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Toe is about zero front and back. -2.75 degrees camber front, -2.1 rear, 6.1 degrees caster. I noticed the wear on the fronts is more pronounced on the inside of the tires, not just the edge like you'd get with lots of toe-out, more tapered so I'm going to back off to around -2.25 degrees camber. Still not generating the kinds of lat-g's that I think it should so more testing is required.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts