IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
I was always taught, "When in a spin, both feet in." That would have saved him. He would have wound up in the infield with his tranny intact as well. Maybe some flatspotted tires. I have always been taught not to be a hero. There is no saving a car on a curve when there is a solid wall involved...go for the grass.. that is the runoff and why it is there.

·
Poor Speed Racer
4,432 Posts
STI_Fever said:
I was always taught, "When in a spin, both feet in." That would have saved him. He would have wound up in the infield with his tranny intact as well. Maybe some flatspotted tires. I have always been taught not to be a hero. There is no saving a car on a curve when there is a solid wall involved...go for the grass.. that is the runoff and why it is there.

while you have the correct adage, i really dont think he had enough distance to stop before the wall if he tried "both feet in"

you can see in the video he held the wheel angle WAY to long, and he should have let the steering out. That would have saved him from the snap.

Although why did he start sliding that far in? i mean yes he almost had it, but was he trying to do that or was the car out of control?

·
Registered
619 Posts
overcorrction.

·
Banned
1,277 Posts
doesnt matter if its a repost .. still a crazyy crash , idk why he came into the turn like that in the first place .

·
The Hoff Fan Club, member #001
9,936 Posts
yea, its not that he over corrected, he just held the steering too long. by the time the car started to come around there is no way he could have stopped it from over rotating. it looks to me like he did it on purpose, a little dorifto.

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
I vote for last minute over correction. It would have been sick otherwise. It looks like he won? You can see a checkered flag, but it's not waving?

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
ouch..

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
evilSTi7 said:
yea, its not that he over corrected, he just held the steering too long. by the time the car started to come around there is no way he could have stopped it from over rotating. it looks to me like he did it on purpose, a little dorifto.

He did it on purpose, there was more to that video of him taking same corner without going off, same sliding.

Simple mistake, held the counter steer way too long like Jake said and the car said F U to him and snagged the wall :lol:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Seen it before. Looks fantastic till it goes the other way. Happens.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I wonder if he was looking at the wall instead of the where he wanted to be. I know that when I slide the car I simply look where I want to go and I magically go there...gotta love the subconcious mind!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts