IW STi Forum banner

101 - 120 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
For sure. Probably going to work on the rear bottle dump setup while I wait for the turbo kit to arrive (next month?)

Going to have the intake drilled when they do the install. It's not clear to me exactly what the layout is going to be.

A small progressive spool assist shot isn't going to be difficult to setup. Making it look nice will be though.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #104 (Edited)

Most of the parts arrived today.

I might end up needing a couple lines and connectors, but I've got everything I need to start installation.

Removed the subs and carpets, installed the crossbar, and measured for install. Discovered I can put a full size spare in so I ordered an extra tire for my extra Gramlight wheel.

I made the terrible rookie mistake of driving the car with all that weight out of the trunk and those subwoofers aren't going back in. Not sure if I'm going to find some 400w 8" or 10" speakers or just mount a single 12, but the weight drop really added some pep back in the STI.

I'm going to check out the configuration on the cabin amp tomorrow and see if it can be tuned to sound good enough without subs at all.

·
Premium Member
5,647 Posts
Uh - leave the tire out too . . .

Reactions: chisleu

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Uh - leave the tire out too . . .
I'm building this car to eventually be my son's first car (detuned with nitrous disabled except on the track).

Having a full size spare is a quality of life thing. Plus it will look nice when the interior shop is done with it.

·
Premium Member
5,647 Posts
Having a full size spare is a quality of life thing.
????

* Iin almost 200K of driving I've used the doughnut in my car once. I would not think twice about just having the car flat bedded home - or to a shop if needed. But I have to admit it's still in there - despite my intention on fabbing a light weight platform and to loose it for the last few years. Shame on me.

Plus it will look nice when the interior shop is done with it.
??? it's going to be on display - the wheel/tire?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Yup. It's pretty. Is currently on display in my living room all waxed to perfection. Tow companies might break the APR carbon lip/splitter. I'll just do me.

It's not intended to be the lightest thing around. I've got more weight left to add (4pt bar, fmic,etc.)

·
Premium Member
5,647 Posts
I never would have mentioned weight if you hadn't . . .
Course you should do you
Which still doesn't create a reason for modern traveling where most cars travel, to need a spare. - IE there are good reasons, but few are valid for most people.

Again, I never would have mentioned weight if you hadn't . . . but I am willing to argue there is no reason for most people to carry a spare.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Right on! I do appreciate feedback.

For me, changing a tire is a faster solution than waiting for a tow and having a tire ordered and getting an Uber home to get another car.

This lets me just get where I'm going faster and deal with ordering a tire and getting it out on later.

I live in a somewhat rural area and tow trucks take time, Uber takes a long while to show up, and all my tires have to be ordered. They are never in stock anywhere here.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Finished putting the NX bottles and brackets together tonight. Going to get the new 1x12 and old amp installed and try to install the bottles tomorrow. I haven't found a way to install the wheel, bottles, and 1x12 that makes any sense. Thinking I might have to mount it to risers that put it over the rear strut bar. That thing is hella in the way. I don't know that it would actually do any good either. It was very easy to bend the metal options that attach to the top of the struts.

It's going to be hard to accomplish that since I've got MT ET Street R slicks and 18" rims for the hellcat going on tomorrow.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
The [email protected] is perfect.

I need to EQ the whole sound system though. Upper frequency bass is messed up. I'm pretty sure the shop that did the work doesn't have a clue. Lots of unhappy surprises when I started looking into things.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #117

These mounts are nice and abs so if you want to remove the lines you can use an acetone vapor bath. I like it showing that is 3d printed though. Hella custom.

Raspberry pi computers and 7" touchscreen installed and working. Installed a "selfie" as the background. Hope to work on the applications this weekend.

The case for the raspberry pi in the trunk is going to look cool. Maybe I'll get another screen for the trunk to play fzero videos on a loop. 😝

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nice, this thing is looking killer. Glad you are taking this in the direction you like and not others. Can't wait to see the turbo setup you have coming in

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
101 - 120 of 121 Posts