IW STi Forum banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
I haven't read the entire thread so I apologize if someone has mentioned this, but the 350 WHP "ceiling" on the stock block is not really relevant to 2019,2020, and 2018 type RA owners since all 3 have the type RA block. There are a BUNCH of people making over 500WHP on e85 on stock 2019+2020 blocks. Different pistons and valves.

Send it brother.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Yes I discovered this myself. I think we are aiming for 400-450 on a stock long block with e85. I'm not going to build it until I do it all and go for 900hp.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #64 (Edited)
Yeah that's wild!

I'm learning towards an e85 ETS dual port turbo setup. Small gtx3076r? BW EFR 7670 looks like it will spool faster. I've heard good things about the BW sound with straight pipe but I'm not sure I could tell a difference.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Damn this is one entertaining build, always enjoy the pictures (but kind of relieved the flames are going). With the tires you're effectively on a smaller diameter now, 255/40/18 is closer to stock than 255/35/18 (265/35/18 is oddly closer to stock, the 255 to 265 width jump is a more significant sidewall height increase). Not a huge deal, but if it feels like 1st gear is more like 0.95th gear, and 2nd is like 1.9th gear, or the speedometer is important to you, could be worth considering a change. With as short of gearing as these already have I can't imagine running out of 1st gear any faster.

Also I'm still not convinced, can you post a picture of today's newspaper with the STI and Hellcat next time? Or maybe a picture of your phone loaded to this thread? j/k.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Yeah I think it's about a 4% lower rollout.

They are so much lighter than stock... Stock rims are crazy heavy.

I have a gps speedo but the difference is negligible at street speeds.

I'm excited for the turbo. I'm considering removing the Cobb mufflers and installing larger magnaflow straight resonators with single outlets.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Seating position is about 2.5" lower and it's so much better!!! I can sit up straight, have room for a helmet above me and my knees aren't on the dash anymore. Not bad for 6'5" and a 32" inseam.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Should I install the 12s on top of the back seats or in the trunk? The amp can take 2 more of these and it will go from 500w to 800w. Maybe 2 in the trunk and 2 in the back seat? Maybe a custom rear seat delete face that seals to the trunk opening and uses the entire trunk as a box?

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
More pics and specs of the seats please, how do the fronts look? The backs look great!!! Siting lower is a plus!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Should I install the 12s on top of the back seats or in the trunk? The amp can take 2 more of these and it will go from 500w to 800w. Maybe 2 in the trunk and 2 in the back seat? Maybe a custom rear seat delete face that seals to the trunk opening and uses the entire trunk as a box?
So is this going to be a show car? If so, delete rear seats and custom box w/4 speakers. If not, I'd do 2 in the trunk so you can use the back seat, plus 2 x 12s will be loud enough.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
I'll never have anyone in the back seat. If I have more than 2 people, I'll take the Mercedes or hellcat. Spent 6 hours on the Mercedes paint today.. zzzz. Still needs more polishing.

STI isn't really a show car. It's as close to a daily driver as I have. I'm going to put the box in the trunk and hopefully it will be enough as everyone says. Being my first system, I don't really have a frame of reference.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Ordered ETS twin scroll with gtx3076r gen 2 turbo
E85 kit, 4bar map + speed density conversion, walbro 525, AEM intake, 1300cc injectors, FMIC + rotated piping kit, engine/transmission mounts, flywheel and street clutch, iag AOS, koyo radiator, plugs, hoses and bits.

😬

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Gotta wait for October to get the damned hood I ordered in July. 😭

It will likely be Xmas or maybe January before I get the turbo upgrades installed.

61 - 80 of 91 Posts