IW STi Forum banner

41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I like your build! Wheels are always a hard decision. I agree, the bright yellow calipers make it hard, have you considered getting them paint/powder coated a different color? I don't think blue wheels and yellow brakes would like that bad. The brakes in the pic are not exactly yellow, but you get the idea....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Yeah that's what I thought. It didn't occur to me to have the calipers painted or coated. I'll look into that!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Ended up going w/ Black Rays Gram Light 57XTC to show off the calipers

18x9.5 +38 w/ Red/black center caps wrapped in Pirelli PZero All Season Plus (revised compound XL sidewalls).

Should be reasonable grip levels with a nice stiff sidewall and good treadwear. This is essentially my daily when the Hellcat is getting work or it's too cold or wet to drive the hellcat.

JNA front lip, VSP JDM front grill (black) Whiteline sway bars and kartboy endlinks being installed Friday. Feels good man

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
If oz made the white rally wheels in 9.5" width I would have gotten those in white instead

·
Registered
44 Posts
Those Grams looks like a good choice, I thought about white wheels as well but might be too much for me and I hate cleaning wheels or keeping them clean.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Those Grams looks like a good choice, I thought about white wheels as well but might be too much for me and I hate cleaning wheels or keeping them clean.
That's where my head went as well.

I don't think these are flow forged though.

I think a lot of the cost is the name

·
Registered
44 Posts
That's where my head went as well.

I don't think these are flow forged though.

I think a lot of the cost is the name
No, looks like they are just cast wheels. Looked at the rest of the line up and they all seem to be cast, never realized that until now. I would of thought, being Rays, they would of been flow formed but this could just be their lower end wheels.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #53 (Edited)
Decided I'll build the STI instead of the hellcat. Hellcat has better resale value as slightly missed and the STI is going to be a forever car.

I'm leaning towards stage 5 engine but I'm concerned the cam profile might be too aggressive. Maybe the 900 instead. I'm going to contact that engine builder and get some recommendations on that and drivetrain /fuel system / etc upgrades.

edit: Decided that performance equivalent to my hellcat power:weight w/ drivetrain loss modifier is "enough" power to shoot for. Looks like 800bhp will get me to the 900bhp my hellcat will have at the end of the month so that's going to be the target on e10. I expect it will pick up a bit more on the e70-e80 we see around here.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Decided I'll build the STI instead of the hellcat. Hellcat has better resale value as slightly missed and the STI is going to be a forever car.

I'm leaning towards stage 5 engine but I'm concerned the cam profile might be too aggressive. Maybe the 900 instead. I'm going to contact that engine builder and get some recommendations on that and drivetrain /fuel system / etc upgrades.

edit: Decided that performance equivalent to my hellcat power:weight w/ drivetrain loss modifier is "enough" power to shoot for. Looks like 800bhp will get me to the 900bhp my hellcat will have at the end of the month so that's going to be the target on e10. I expect it will pick up a bit more on the e70-e80 we see around here.
It'll be hard to be able to pull on a Hellcat on a roll, maybe a dig but you will need to have a lot of seat time with the STI. The Hellcat being an auto just makes it a lot easier to go fast in a straight line.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
It'll be hard to be able to pull on a Hellcat on a roll, maybe a dig but you will need to have a lot of seat time with the STI. The Hellcat being an auto just makes it a lot easier to go fast in a straight line.
Yes for sure. I just did drivetrain loss adjusted power:weight. I didn't account for shifting.

·
Registered
44 Posts
255/35R-18 PIRELLI P ZERO ALL SEASON PLUS REVISED COMPOUND XL
I ordered the same tire size and afraid I may have went too small based off of your picture. I ordered some Bridgestone S007A tires, hopefully it may be the ride height that makes it look small too.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
They are definitely a little stretched. Most people go 10mm wider. I was told that with this offset I would get rubbing at full lock with wider tires, but I've not checked the clearance myself.

Note my picture was on cold tires and they are likely under inflated. They rise up a bit when hot. The car had very little ground clearance now but handles the tiny speed bumps in my neighborhood w/o issue.

I'll check and increase the pressure on Friday when I get a quadzilla horn and black taillights installed.

Going to either order a rotated turbo kit or upgrade the turbo, TMIC, and fuel system for a stock block build. E85 support as well.

To be installed and tuned by Shift Fast Motorsports.

Going to pick a turbo with low lag and not a lot of headroom. The car hasn't had It's first oil change yet and I don't want to sell a nearly new stock block. I don't want to build the engine until after I buy a house next year.

41 - 60 of 91 Posts