IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my room mate took my silver o4 sti while i was sleeping and curbed the right front rim so its all bent to hell ne ways ins. paid for new wheels so i got 19x8 axis mods (just a litte huge but what can i say bling bling) i plan on buying some 17x7.5 rims for every day and track use with the stock tires but i have found ROTAs and Enkies for like 550-700 (still less than a new factory BBS)i was wondering if ne-one would sell one factory rim mabey some one in the same boat as me or is some one lookin to buy 3 good sti wheels and find one more i plan on useing the 19s for a show wheel (they look tight as hell but i really cant tell that much of performance diff.) thanks in advance for any help....

p.s. i would like to post some pics with the wheels but im not that smart
ill e mail if some one will post them for me..

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
pestysti said:
p.s. i would like to post some pics with the wheels but im not that smart ill e mail if some one will post them for me..
suggestions:

1. take your pics.

2. in some photo editting program (like the one that came with your camera), reduce the size to have a width or height no greater than 600pixels with jpg quality around 60%

3. post a message on this thread and use the attachments feature; it allows you to attached up to three pics on each image. (when you're posting, scroll down a little and read the "attachment posting control panel" instructions.)

·
Registered
454 Posts
pestysti said:
well my room mate took my silver o4 sti while i was sleeping and curbed the right front rim so its all bent to hell
How long before he gets out of the hospital, or did you just kill him? :lol:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well R.I.P. if you know what i mean but this is the kinda stuff that ends freindships fast

·
Registered
454 Posts
pestysti said:
well R.I.P. if you know what i mean but this is the kinda stuff that ends freindships fast
Completely understandable... if my roommate did that, I would not be responsible for what happened next. Temporary Insanity.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anyone one have dyno of Subaru's preflash and flash?

hope this works some pics.... no center caps b/c im still waiting in my locking lugz and it needs to be lowered a little bit but what do you all think

Attachments

·
Registered
343 Posts
Spoke with Eibach

Are those front rims sticking outside the fender?

It's definitely over the top in a cool way IMO. Yeah, a drop would make it real tight.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya the fronts need a 5-6mm spacers the rears needed a 2mm but a drop is in the future .. proly b+g coilovers b/c i have found them for 990 shipped i want to get some camber adj. in the front so i can tucksome tire at shows like those JDM 240s with the massive wheels and huge negitive camber will look tight when i get a charge speed kit ar the syms kit i cant decide opions on that ??

·
Registered
176 Posts
i dont knwo if its just me but that thing looks like its gonna rub real bad when dropped. you are running 19x8 with what offset and tire size?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Just a thought....you increased your wheel heighth by 2 inches, so I hope you compensated by somewhat lessening the overall sidewall heighth of your tires. If not, the overall increase in wheel/tire heighth will cause an decrease in overall gear ratio, which equals slightly slower acceleration. But who knows, maybe now, with those 19's, you'll be able to tag 60 mph in 2nd gear, which might could give you a quicker 0-60 time, but slightly slower quarter time....Let us know what you think. BUT, But, but, but.....they wheels look SWEET!!!...I like 'em.....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well guys to let you all know i had to can the idea of useing those wheels i love them but there is just to many problems with em so my dealer is gonna hook me up with some smaller 17 or 18 in wheels proly something from enkei but ill miss that fat lip :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
36 Posts
is it just me, or is anyone else addicted to this site?

I'm looking for 2 stock silver wheels if they are in perfect condition....

Mark

1 - 20 of 20 Posts