IW STi Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we all know by now, the STi rear seats do not fold down. Sadly I want to head up to the mountains with my snowboards and not sure exactly what kind of roof rack to get.

OEM subaru ski racks?
Thule aftermarket racks?

Any help would be great, also if you could list some prices that would be even better.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Install Drawtite or OEM Subaru receiver hitch. Purchase XE Evolution Bauer Bike rack and ski adapter, and you are ready to go. This has been working great for me. You can carry skis, bikes, or snowboards with this arrangement.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I'm doing what k2ramair is. Subaru OEM hitch, and a Yakima ROC4/SnowROC for my bikes/snowboards. It's not too visually obtrusive...

-Mike-

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
couldn't you just attach the snowboards to the wing? I should give even more downforce and strike terror in ricers :lol:

Get a Yakima rack with Q-towers. It's very easy to install/uninstall and you can carry up to 4 boards on it. Pretty much don't need a pass-through at that point.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Subaru does not offer rack for the WRX Sedan and STi. As a matter of fact, USDM Subaru doesn't offer anything for the STi. No mud flap, no nose guard, no ski rack, no mats, nothing at all...

Here's what I got last week for my car -->Yakima Lif Ticket 6, Yakima Q Tower, Yakima 48" Crossbar, and Q-Clip #78. I bought it used for $220, which I think it's a good deal. You can buy them off eBay, but I didn't find any good deals there. The best bet is your local newspaper or Craigslist. The rack is universal. All you have to get is a set of Q-Clips. You can look up the configuration at Yakima.com. You might also need a set of extension if you have more 2 than boards. There isn't enough clearance for the boards at the bottom. Liftticket 6 comes with extensions stands.

btw, If you have extra $$, get a 44" Fairing too. It reduces the windnoise cause by the rack.

happy boarding

·
Registered
326 Posts
Ive been wondering what to get too, I have the Yakima bars and ski rack, and bike racks.. just that they have the towers from my pathfinder which fit in its factory rack so I guess I'll get the Q Towers and be set?

·
Registered
422 Posts
You have most of the bits URABUS. i.e. $$$ spent. Just buy the proper towers and you will be good to go. I have an old Yakima rack too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
URABUS_WRXSTi said:
Ive been wondering what to get too, I have the Yakima bars and ski rack, and bike racks.. just that they have the towers from my pathfinder which fit in its factory rack so I guess I'll get the Q Towers and be set?
yup...you are half way..just get the rest and good to go..btw..anyone went to tahoe last weekend? I was there for 2 days - 1 day Sierra and 1 day northstar. It was great!

·
Registered
50 Posts
'suede is used for a reason.....

Stott... what did you do? heh, Did you just take out the back seats alltogether? Is it difficult to take em out? Is it difficult to put em back in?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts