IW STi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 sti and i want to be able to go to tahoe with buddies and gear. unfortunately everyone's seen the trunk space and snowboards just don't fit. I was wondering if anyone knew of any type of roof rack that won't but holes in the top of my car.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
I just got a used wrx backseat, which has a passthrough, it all depends how many guys and gals you have heading up to the mountain with you, the passthrough is a great option if you have about 3 snowboards and a pair of skis, otherwise it gets tight, it even will be tight with 3, but can be done. PM Me with any questions...

·
Registered
373 Posts
flyin that rack still requires the factory rails that dont come on STIs seriously look at that link in my previous thread killer solution.

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts
I'm just going to pick up a wrx seat or order the JDM one. Thanks for the heads up though.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I have a Thule rack. The only thing it leaves behind is 2 clear 'decals' if you will. The decals are on the roof up front to prevent the fairing feet from actually touching the paint. You can take them off if you'd like, but I leave mine on all year since you barely notice it.

The rubber feet from the rack will leave a visual imprint if you leave it on all winter and take it off in the spring. A little compound fixes that tho.

Thule FTW.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts