IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
When you start talking about quality there are really only two names. Yakima and Thule. In my opinion Yakima is better hands down. I have had the same one on two different cars, they fit perfectly, do not make too much noise, the price is reasonable, and they are just well put together. Almost everything on them can be locked by adding a SKS core option to it. One of my friends who was a Thule owner saw my Yakima and thought it to be much better than his thule. Depending upon where you shop you should be able to get a nice Yakima with a 2 snowboard carrier for around 400, with all of the lock options.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I would have to agree with br0wneye. I too have a Yakima car rack. I bought it used on eBay. The previous owner took good care of it so it still looks good. I just need to paint or otherwise restore the Q Towers (they're sun faded). I've seen Thule products but never used them.

One more thing. I went through the Yakima fit guide and have been unable to find the proper "fittings" for the WRX but was able to find them for the regular Impreza (which is the same body, right). Go figure.

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well I got the yakima rack...actually, yakima.com has the proper fitting guide, although last I checked it still had it for the '02 WRX, and not the '03 but oh well it's the same exact car anyway except for a ring of light (and maybe internally some of the brackets and structural members were modified to simplify manufacturing, but that's all transparent to us...ok so that's what I gather from working in the aircraft mfg business haha)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts