IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let everyone know that with the proper tires, these cars are unstopable. I live in Spokane, Wa and we recieved almost a foot of snow. I have been trying for the last few hours to get stuck and have been unable to. I am currently running blizzacks with the stock rims. I tried with the factory tires in about two inches of snow and curbed it within two miles. I was out last night and was going up hills backwards where most other cars were unable to make it up with a running start at the hill. Just another satisfied customer with this car!

M

·
0 Posts
STi: On-track and in Real Life...

They aren't a must for me, current temp here is umm 78 :)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Blizzak WS-50. The LM 22's were a little more but I do not need to have 130 mph rated tires in the snow yet. I have reached 140 on the stockers but I need to get a little more experience before I try those speeds on the snow. Plus the WS 50's have better snow traction which was the reason I purchased them.

·
Registered
180 Posts
bov change as well

hey flynlow do you drive a white sti because I am from cda ID and drive a black sti?? lots of snow over here too.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
believe it or not, i bought the LM-22's because of the higher speed rating. not because i plan on driving 130+ mph in the snow but because of our fine country's liability laws. imagine if some jerk steals your STi while you have winter tires on. he drives it at 140 on the highway and blows a WS-50 becuase its not meant for those speeds. he gets hurt but not killed and then sues you because you had tires with an improper speed rating on your STI. not likely to happen but it could.

·
Registered
385 Posts
crashsti said:
believe it or not, i bought the LM-22's because of the higher speed rating. not because i plan on driving 130+ mph in the snow but because of our fine country's liability laws. imagine if some jerk steals your STi while you have winter tires on. he drives it at 140 on the highway and blows a WS-50 becuase its not meant for those speeds. he gets hurt but not killed and then sues you because you had tires with an improper speed rating on your STI. not likely to happen but it could.
Are you kidding me? I'd have to kill him first for stealing my STi. He would have no ground to stand on.

·
Registered
614 Posts
CrashSTi - that's just nuts. While I UNDERSTAND what you're saying, there's no way (even in our litigious society) that kinda lawsuit would stand up in court. Jeebus - that's even more ridiculous than the fatties suing McDonald's cause they can't control themselves! :roll:

·
Registered
614 Posts
Yeah, I did! For me, "fatties" is a dual meaning word. One is the disgusting cellulite-laden, too tight clothes wearing variety.....and the other.....well....is GOOD. For me, anyway. This is very cryptic intentionally - any 4:20 fans will catch my drift. 'Nuff said. 8)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Let's get that STi silhouette to be an interior sticker.....

StuBrown said:
Yeah, I did! For me, "fatties" is a dual meaning word. One is the disgusting cellulite-laden, too tight clothes wearing variety.....and the other.....well....is GOOD. For me, anyway. This is very cryptic intentionally - any 4:20 fans will catch my drift. 'Nuff said. 8)
4:20 fan right here, bring on the fatties. :p

·
Registered
614 Posts
Well Thorn - am I going to see you at XX on Saturday? Or are we going to do a "mini-meet" at Hooters on Sunday? If we do the Sunday thing I've got something you'd like seeing, guaranteed. (speaking strictly of the mods on my STi, bear in mind!) :wink:

·
Registered
614 Posts
Yeah, but STiThis.....you're in CO. If you were at the Ben Harper/Jack Johnson show at Red Rocks this past August I'd have obliged!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Looking for STI Guys in the Ma Worcester county area??

We sorta hijacked this thread, but oh well. Yeah, the show was FANTASTIC. This was when Mars (the planet) was the closest to the Earth it's been in eons, and Ben actually commented extensively on it - really cool. I went to college in CO, and this was my 1st RR show - what a venue (and I've been all over the country for shows) - I was ecstatic. My brother lives in Golden, and the day after the show we trekked into Rocky Mtn. N.P. for a 7day backcountry trip. PERFECT vacation as far as I'm concerned! :D

·
Registered
385 Posts
Sounds like a great trip. I've seen several shows at Red Rocks with BT, Paul Oakenfold, and many other DJ's. Always a good time. Sorry for the hijack.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
STi_This said:
crashsti said:
Are you kidding me? I'd have to kill him first for stealing my STi. He would have no ground to stand on.

The ONLY way I can see this even being a *possible* situation is if he blew the tire at a legal speed. Even then, he couldn't prove that it was tire error and not driver error, or just plain bad luck, that caused it to blow....

And finally, I think before you could get sued, the tire manufacturer could get sued. After all, they made the tire.....

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
ok you figured me out. i bought the LM-22's because i wanted the higher speed rating and better dry handling as compared to the WS-50's. i figured what the hell? while we do get snow and lots of it on occasion the roads tend to be dry most of the winter season. and let me just say that while the LM-22's are winter tires they handle very well. of course not as well as the stockers but i'll be happy all winter long.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts