IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sti and snow...pics

Here is a couple shots of my sti in the snow.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apex'i power intake

yea those are the stock tires, and they are completley worthless in the snow.

I'm going to get some Blizzaks soon.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont know how a civic drives in the snow.

but yea the stock tires had 0 grip.. I was sliding all over the place.

oh I live in central oregon.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Any worries about too much snow into the intercooler? Especially if your car gets covered while you're at work.

Yeah_Dawg

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wasn't worried about it.. I figured it will melt right after I turn the engine on.

·
Registered
32 Posts
maintenance, performance, and tune up parts

Actually, the tires aren't that bad in the snow. When i came out of school, on the way home, 8 or 9 times, i tried to slam on the brakes, and everytime, there was no slip. It wasn't a thick layer of snow, but it was more like mushy, watery stuff.

I ordered winter tires from tirerack.com, but i wont be getting them until the week before thanksgiving. :(

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
Snow seems to have arrived early this year...as here in CA, Sunny Southern California, we've got snow and one of the local resorts is open today...before Mammoth which is in Northern Cal! And just last week it was hot and dry and burning...

·
Registered
343 Posts
Re: Subaru Armrest Extension Kit

WOW, thanks for the reminder winter is coming(in your case here). It's easy to forget since it has been in the 70s for the past several days here in the Northeast.

I still can't decide what to do about winter wheels and tires. :x

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
I've decide to go with just tires this year (darn it all) but haven't decided on WHAT yet either.

mutatedfrog205, did you try the stock tires on ice yet? I'm thinking (no firsthand knowledge) that they will be pretty useless on anything worse than slushy snow. Just curious if you experienced that or not.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Man, I wish it was 70 here. We actually hit 90 last week. Dallas sucks as far as winter goes. I think I need to move further North.

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
mutatedfrog205 said:
to answer your question, no, there wasn't much ice, mostly just slush. Hopefully, i wont have to drive on ice without winter tires, but i'm sure that with my bad luck, I will.
Winter tires or any tires are pretty ineffective in ice. I got Dunlop Winter M2's on my regular WRX and it felt like they were bald on ice...there were some videos on here where people were spinning out their subies on an ice field...

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
I think those videos were of people with studded tires. Did you notice then one part where the guy in the silver wagon slammed it in reverse and left gouges in the ice as he went?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts