IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's some pics from Issaquah, taken about noon on Tuesday.

My neighborhood..

And my car..

·
Registered
326 Posts
Intercooler Screen Option 2 - more air flow

no new snow here.. just the 2feet thats still left from a week or two ago.

it is 2 degree's outside though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you haven't gone out to drive in the snow yet, you're missing out on some great fun. This car handles snow beautifully. I'm running the Pirelli PZero Nero M+S all-season radials. Who needs gas guzzling SUVs ?

Attachments

·
Registered
326 Posts
I traded in my 2002 Ford F-250 V10 for this car..that thing got like 9mpg. I should have kept both.. I would definitly take my truck on these bumpy roads over the subie right now.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Yeah, I will definitely have a 4x4 pickup again in addition to this car. My truck (2001 silverado z71) wasn't as bad on mileage as yours, I got 15 - 17mpg. So for me, it's been a wash mileage-wise. :-?

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
One of the main things that lead me to the STi is its appropriateness to Oregon. It's great on dry pavement, wet pavement, dirt and snow. It's gonna rip at PIR. I think (assuming that you want to get on the throttle) you would be hard pressed to find another single car that handles all of this as well as the STi does.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Does that mean you are going to be at PIR sometime later this year? I definitely plan to take some courses there and get some track time. Should be a blast! I need to get some track tires that I don't mind wearing out first though.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I hope so. I'm a novice, but there's a minor contingent down here. I think we have enough critical mass to at least have some fun... and make it back over the hill under our own steam.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you're getting mileage in the 15's then your heavy foot is allowing you to enjoy the STi much more than any ride in an SUV. I always get 17 to 20 mpg on my tanks of gas. I'll never own a truck, but that's just me.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
1BlueSTi4Me said:
If you're getting mileage in the 15's then your heavy foot is allowing you to enjoy the STi much more than any ride in an SUV.
That's just it. I'm NOT getting on this thing very often, only on occasion. 90% of the time I am driving like my wife was in the car (sometimes she actually is :) ). I think taking the DCCD out of auto in the snow might have impacted it somewhat on the last and worst tank, not sure on that. All I know is from the time I've had it, the highest mileage I got was 18.72. My last three have been:

14.73 (ouch)

And I may never own an SUV, but I'll definitely have a full-size pickup again. The sti just doesn't make as good a camping or towing vehicle and it appears useless for hauling dirt and barkdust. Lol.

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Werd. . . I'll be looking into an old Toyota pickup for that sort of thing. . .(minus the camping) . . . once I get another house. Will also make for a good beater to park places I wouldn't dare leave an STi or a new Legacy GT. :eek:

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Damn Paws, I'm pushing close to 300 miles/tank around town with the DCCD locked and in the snow. Granted, I'm in break-in, but I'm defininitely not driving economically - if only for the wheel slip.

I'm going to be interested to get this thing out on the highway. I'm quite sure it's capable of 5 miles/gallon, we'll see if it can get 25.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Damn, I dunno what's up with that... I've got at least 22 mpg on every tank of gas so far.. my highest is 24 mpg.

No snow driving for me, though... Still on RE070s.

My new wheels should be here tomorrow, though (I bought a set of silver Rota Tarmac IIs for my snow tires) and I should have the snow tires on very shortly... although I'm debating on exchanging them for Dunlop M3 runflats instead of the Blizzaks now that they have M3s in stock again..

·
Registered
326 Posts
300 miles? your in bend too right?

I'm lucky if I get over 190 on a tank in town... highway I get 300...but not even close to that in town. I rarely go on 97 though..i go down newport and 14th to get to work..so lots of roundabouts on the way.

the bright side is my V10 F250 got 200 miles in town in bend...and it cost almost 50$ to fill the tank.. this car gets the same miles for 24$..

Yea i'll be buying a jacked up beater truck as soon as I get a house.
I saw a 87 f350 for 4k.. something like that..

·
Registered
521 Posts
dood snow! i almost got stuck. lucky i made it. im scared to drive now hehehe

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Hey Urabus:

Yeah, I'm in Bend. I'm down your way pretty often, working on one of the projects up the hill from Sony.

I've only run 2.5 tanks through. Both of the full tanks were around 230 miles at 1/4 full. That's with a run or two up to Redmond, or maybe a run out to Prineville, but the rest right around town. The snow has got to be a significant factor 'cause of all the wheel slip. I've been down as low as 130 miles/tank on the CRX in the snow, and he gets in the upper 300's cruising at 75 on dry highway.

I'll be interested to see how the STi does once I'm jumping on the throttle on dry pavement. It's obviously going to run in the low 300's in highway mode though.

Do you know if there is a source for 93/94 octane pump gas in town? I know the 76 up in Redmond has race gas, but I was hoping for easy access to 93 or 94 without mixing.

·
Registered
326 Posts
No I don't know of any 93/94

I usually get chevron right by where I live. but during the summer I was getting pinging in 4th and 5th gear at full throttle when its hot out.

Did you get a silver STi?
I saw a white one with some crazy loud exhost across the street a couple times from work.

·
Registered
19 Posts
That was tons of fun yesterday. I am running extreme contact all seasons and although not the best for this ice, they stuck to the road really nice.

In full lock I think I climbed every road closed hill on the eastside yesterday. And almost got rear ended at the bottom of some others that I had to run red lights to avoid. All in all I would say that I am very happy and extremely impressed. I hope it snows again this year.

Jason

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Yes, mine is silver with a Gresham promo tag on back. My exhaust is stock. I think I saw the white one you're talking about at the traffic circle by Parilla.

Had your ECU been flashed when you were getting ping? I'm probably going to rum 92 until/unless I have problems, or unless engine mod's start to dictate otherwise. I doubt there's much to be gained from the extra point or two without audible problems or aftermarket tuning.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts