IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon ladys and gents. I will start of by saying this, i have a 2016 STI with a IAG stage 2 block, EL headers, 1050X injectors, FP Blue Turbo, Grimmspeed up pipe with EWG, front mounted intercooler, IAG fuel rails, IAG AOS, invidia catless DP and 3 in catback. Build has about 12k on it and still driving. The issue I've been having is if i let the car idle too long it smokes, driving around it smokes... not all the time. It usually does it when i let off the gas or down shifting. Ive always monitored the DAM, feedback knock, and recently have been keeping my eye on the Cylinder Roughness. Drom the car today from Orlando to Savannah and had 1 count (Roughness Cylinder) on cylinder 1 and 2, nothing on cylinder 3 and 4. DAM has never dropped and occasionally get some feedback knock. I've been seeing it could be a number of things... i did the oil cap trick and no smoke at idle (blew the stock motor up and learned that trick real quick) like said earlier i drove tge car from Savannah to lakeland FL and checked the oil and it was exactly where it was when i left (just changed it friday as well). Im super lost and need some guidance on what too look for to help salve this smoking issue. Also i check the coolant and oil DAILY! Haven't noticed much or any changes in between oil changes.

Thank you for reading my story.

·
Registered
935 Posts
im assuming white smoke? what color smoke?

Is your FP blue a ball bearing FP? I ask this cause I had an issue with my BB turbo with too much oil pressure. It was causing me to smoke at idle and I had to put another oil restrictor on the turbo to drop the pressure. BB turbos don't like a lot of oil pressure.

It looks like you're in florida, but if its cold outside the car will smoke. My wifes 2011 WRX thats stock minus nameless muffler deletes smokes when its cold out. My 2012 does too, but its fully catless.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
I am puzzled by the lack of oil usage. Perhaps the smoking is not very bad? As asked, what color is the smoke? Black or blue?
Would like to know about "the oil cap trick ".
If I were to guess I would suspect oil from the turbo seals.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
There is no oil loss over an enitre OCI? Then it is minute, or not an oil issue.
I'd look at A/F Learning(s), kind of sounds as if you are running rich at times. No pops at downshift?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts