IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yo, first time posting

just had my oil change @ 3k, and on the drive home from the dealership, there was smoke coming from the hood. i looked in and the smoke was coming from under the engin?!?! so i called the delaer who changed my oil, and they said that it was probably residue from the oil change burning.
anywayz, has this happened to anybody else, or just me.

·
Registered
80 Posts
That sounds kind of fishy. If your dealer is spilling oil on your engine during oil changes than maybe you shouldn't go back there anymore? Every time I've gotten oil changes I've always made sure to clean up any drips, or I made sure the people doing the oil change did.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
for realz?
i'm gonna go back to another dealer to get them to check it out. damn i hate the subabru in raleigh, gave them 3 months to order the boost gague, still haven't gotten it yet... damn! :x

·
Registered
175 Posts
Don't flame me ... I once had walmart do an oil change on my old WRX ... ( I needed one bad, brought my own Mobil1)

They forgot to put the oil cap back on.....

Needless to say, about 3 miles up the street, I had a strong smell of oil ... I stopped the car, opened the hood and saw oil on the hood (underside) and it had gotten down on the exhaust manifold and was burning up ....

I was pissed. I went back to wally world, yanked the manager outside, gave her crap ... made her pay for a full engine detail ($50 extra at my favorite car wash) Plus, made them pay for a car-wash $15.00 (the car wash doesn't do an engine detail unless you get a wash at the same time.)

All that for the $12 I gave them for labor to put my Mobil 1 in with my PureOne oil filter .... So they ended up being out $53.00...

And, that of course was the last time I went there ....

Lesson learned.

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
Now next time you go, you can demand the $53 up front so you can get an engine detail and all that stuff...then do the oil change yourself :wink:

Sucks that you had to go through that but glad you stood up and kicked some ass!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Maybe you should keep going back there ...
1.- to get that free car wash + engine detail (if they are dumb & never learn)..
_or_
2.- simply to get the cheap oil change because they will surely have learnt the lesson! ;-)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts