IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm on E85 and I've been noticing the yellow substance underneath my oil cap due to me driving short distances a lot, so I checked while the car was running today and I saw smoke underneath the oil filler cap and my stomach sank, but after a second it stopped and continued the "puff puff" which is normal. I did notice he yellow stuff due to the short distance driving I do which is like a 10 minute drive once or twice a week as it is my weekend car. I then put the oil cap back on and took it off a couple seconds later and the same thing happened, it smoked for a second and then stopped, could the smoking for the brief second just be the little bit of condensation?

·
Registered
760 Posts
Could be alot of things, are you losing coolant, head gasket? if you do alot of short drives the oil will not get hot enough to cook off the water that is formed during the process of combustion.

Remove your radiator cap and let the car get to operating temps, look for bubbles in the coolant, if there is bubbles its usually a head gasket.

Do you have a VTA catch can or AOS? they can be a way for moisture to enter the system.

I would get a compression test done as "puff puff" isn't what I would call normal.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could be alot of things, are you losing coolant, head gasket? if you do alot of short drives the oil will not get hot enough to cook off the water that is formed during the process of combustion.

Remove your radiator cap and let the car get to operating temps, look for bubbles in the coolant, if there is bubbles its usually a head gasket.

Do you have a VTA catch can or AOS? they can be a way for moisture to enter the system.

I would get a compression test done as "puff puff" isn't what I would call normal.

Best of luck.
I always saw on forums that Air out of the oil cap is completely normal ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Best of luck.
I always saw on forums that Air out of the oil cap is completely normal ?
I also have an IAG AOS Street Series

1 - 5 of 5 Posts