IW STi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant tell what color it is cause i have tinted windows and its only happend a couple times. This is the first time since i got it tuned...i noticed it when i was WOT in 5th gear shifting to 6th i looked in my mirror and saw a some smoke as i shifted...could this be bad or...i have no idea?

·
Banned
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AFR the at around 2250 its about 14.5 and at 6800 its about 11

·
Registered
567 Posts
ImBack said:
AFR the at around 2250 its about 14.5 and at 6800 its about 11
I would have it checked out by a shop because if its not a good thing then it can become a really bad problem quickly with the methods your trying.

It wont take very long to quickly look over things....

check in the downpipe to turbo area for oil/coolant residue
Check in the IC pipes for oil
Check in the IC for oil
compression check
leakdown test
then do the road/dyno test

The worst things that could happen if you check these things first and you do find something wrong the engine is rebuildable, but lets say the piston ring land cracked and when your pushing the motor hard and it finally says bye bye you could end up with a hole in the block and a head thats trashed costing you more money. So if you cannot perform those above checks I would goto someone who can in your area.

Howard

·
Registered
286 Posts
im going to say its prolly normal white oil/fuel smoke. but who am i to say?
i mean when your boosting the car, there is alot of vacuum on the crankcase system...so its gonna suck up a little oil...catchcan FTW!!!
but thats just my $.02...get it checked out

-corey

·
Banned
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well color is i found out the color of the smoke. My father was driving behind me and i floored it in 3rd gear when i pulled in the driveway he said a plume of BLUE smoke came out of the exhaust...so what does blue smoke mean???

·
Banned
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No not catless...and the engine level is good...i know its leaking oil from the right front axle seal but that wouldnt have anything to do with it blowing blue smoke out the exhaust unless it some how leaks from the axle seal and seeps into the exhaust pipe...dont know?????

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.