IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how many of you guys are getting floor mats that are designed to engage the plastic post on the driver's side floor. I recall someone lamenting the uselessness of said post.

If you look closely you'll see two slots running through the post, just the right width for a medium zip tie. I ran a zip tie through both slots (both directions), and then closed and trimmed it. I left enough extension on each side of the post so the zip tie works like a cotter pin.

This is a pretty small detail, but it sucks the mat down to the floor really well.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Sciolist, that was a great find man....good idea. I just happened to have 2 "BLACK" zippie ties left too, so it worked out perfectly. BUT, did you all get two other black metal hangers with your mats? If so, what did you do with them?...I couldn't figure out a place where they fit perfectly, so I just didn't use 'em....thanks

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the Canadian mats. They came with two forked brackets, one straight and one offset. I used the offset one on the right driver's side and the straight one on the right passenger's side. You have to loosen the seat bolts and slip the forks behind the bolt head. It may be easier to maintain the position of the bracket if you put the fork behind the washer too.

If you use a zip tie as described above it will help pull the entire front of the mat down and seat it better onto the driver's side bracket's stud. I think the passenger side is okay with just the bracket since foot placement isn't as critical there.

If you really wanted to nail the passenger mat down you could put a large zip tie around the top of the bracket stud above the mat's grommet. I elected not to do that for ease of mat removal.

·
Registered
668 Posts
MEant to Say end links are broken.

my mats, which I got from CC-B online fit on the post, but clicked on so they don't move ...

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's why I used the tie, it can be easily cut off and replaced. If you're a real vacuum maven, you could just cut a piece of tie and loop it through.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts