IW STi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I switched up my exhaust for the 3rd time. I am now running a Borla XR-1 CBE (after running a greddy and a blitz)...I decided to check to see if there were any leaks between where the clamps go(dp/mp. mp/muffler)...i had a friend plug and hold the exhaust with a towel, while i checked. I noticed some air escaping between the DP/MP the first time. So I reclamped that one, and tightened it down. There are now no glaring leaks, just some moisture sneaking out(very very very little bit)......i am thinking this is probably due to the muffler being plugged so tight for a minute or 2, and all the pressure being held in. It does back up on the pressure quickly when blocked...hence, a lot of pressure looking to escape.....will this naturally seel itself? or present a problem later on.....
<!-- / message -->

·
pwn n00bs
18,247 Posts
if you want to check for leaks, you are suppose to spray the area with soapy water and look for bubbles.

holding pressure in isn't going to help.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
technically it does...if its backed up/in...its forced to exit elsewhere, if it can...however...you are correct the soapy water works excellent...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts