IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, like the title says, apparently the 06 STi model in Singapore will be the 2.5l, supposed to have 300Hp, according to Subaru sales here.
Nothing official as yet, website still selling 05's, but i saw the Australia website already switched to 2.5l '06 STi's

While a 2.5l is nice for power&torque, imho it loses the link to the rally car. The JDM '06 STi's are still 2l, as things should be...

Any comments from the other S'pore folks on this board?

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
The 2.0ltr will still be availible from STi @ Docklands in Australia for people who need it for Group N etc. The Aussie model is also only 276hp, not the full 300, so I dont know if Singapore will get the 300 or 276hp version. I think the 2.5ltr STi is great. I have been around rally a long time and the 2.5 doesnt bother me the slightest as far as link to rally car goes.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, the 2.5l is a great car, and for most folks on this board its the norm, but i cant help feeling that Subaru is kind of taking the easy route (and possibly cheaper?), going with the 2.5 over a high tune 2.0
Probably just me, but i have loved seeing the 2l turbos get better & better over the years, First the 200hp Cossies & Integrales, then it was 220hp, then my brother in law's scooby with 245 if i recall right. Thats what got me hooked, & now i'm fortunate to have my 265hp daily driver.:D

I just think if they want to give us more power, then ship the JDM spec 2.0's. Even without the Japanese 100octane, they can make respectable numbers. I know Litchfield sell the JDM 06's in the UK, with a remap they get up to 320hp, and 310lbft, which would do very nicely indeed...

Actually, i'd pass on twinscroll turbos et al, if i could just get the rear wiper as std. Why the :censored: Subaru think it only rains in Japan, i don't know...:lol:

·
Registered
305 Posts
That extra displacment adds some much needed torque. With all things being equal the 2.5 will make more power/torque at a lower rpm and have better driveability and overall performance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
also with the 265 in singapore... would love to have the rear wipers, real useful in tropical spore... perhaps a rear windscreen replacement.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fastfatdude said:
useful when after heavy rain, u gotta park in an underground parking lot with multiple pillars and minimal lighting...
I hear ya on that!
Always have to reverse mine, the V-lip is waaaay too low to front in safely, and some of these spaces are way too small. More rearward visability=:tup:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
S'poreSTI said:
Well, like the title says, apparently the 06 STi model in Singapore will be the 2.5l, supposed to have 300Hp, according to Subaru sales here.
Nothing official as yet, website still selling 05's, but i saw the Australia website already switched to 2.5l '06 STi's
Well, confirmed, the website is now listing 06 WRX's with the 2.5l, something like a $9k premium over the 05 WRX.
Still no STi, but it can't be long now...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts