IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Owner with a couple questions

The day has come. :D I'm all smiles.

Here's a preview of the upcoming installs...

Mod Plans... I'm probably going to go through winter with it stock, learn it as best I can, then start modding.

Tint, Turboback (in garage), Blitz Intake (in garage), Defi BF series gauges, Tein Flex Coilovers, SR50 turbo, APS fmic, injectors, UTEC, wheels, body kit.

The stereo is going in early next week 8)

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Congratulations man!!! Good luck keeping the salt off of it. :x

BTW, I've been using the stock tires without any problems. I just take a little extra caution when stopping.

Car looks great!

Yeah_Dawg

·
Registered
35 Posts
That's a sweet car... the silver/silver combo is growing on me. I chose the blue/gold for myself since I have always liked blue cars. Very good idea that you have decided to change those stock "slicks" for something more practical for the winter months in Ohio. I don't quite understand why Subaru didn't offer more of an all-season tire for this type of car knowing that (in most states) the weather isn't always sunny, dry, and 75 degrees outside... it surely isn't that way here in Wisconsin :eek: .

I like your choice of lower case letters in your name but I am still wondering how you became an STI Expert Driver, like it says under your sign in name, when you have already curbed your new ride. I need to pay more attention to which folks have already lost control of their new wheels and are declared the Expert Drivers. LOL. :roll:

Enjoy that new car and keep us posted with new pics as you begin your modifications. Get to know your STI and no more curbing it!. 8)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What oil pressure readings are you getting?

First of all, the name under my SN has to do with the user's post count, I can't put what I want there. Secondly, if you ever say that I'm a bad driver because I curbed my car on a turn going 15mph with stock tires and a foot of snow, then I think you need to rethink what you're saying before you get yourself into trouble. Basically, STFU.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
RLsChMiDt said:
First of all, the name under my SN has to do with the user's post count, I can't put what I want there. Secondly, if you ever say that I'm a bad driver because I curbed my car on a turn going 15mph with stock tires and a foot of snow, then I think you need to rethink what you're saying before you get yourself into trouble. Basically, STFU.

Actually, I'm gonna hafta say that was your fault. A good driver is well aware of how much friction his tires are going to put down on the road.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wow, a bit testy there about my response to you curbing your 30+ grand STI. I was in no way insinuating that you were a bad driver...just trying to make this site a bit more light-hearted :oops: . You obviously are way too serious for me to make, what I think, are amusing comments to. I see from the comment after mine that someone else has a response to you not figuring out that you ARE basically driving on friggin' slicks. Grow up and chill before YOU respond rudely to fellow STI owners, or just do the STFU'ing yourself. :roll:

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I don't see how anyone can say they lost control of their car, but that it wasn't their fault.

Guess what, you're the one who was driving, it was your fault.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hey I curbed my car too..on a roundabout in the snow going 10-15mph.

it was my fault...but there was absolutly nothing I could do to stop it.... i started turning it didn't turn...I could have gassed it and swung the back end into the curb instead...probably would have hit harder. Got my new rims and tires now and everythings good. (exept the $1100 to get my front end fixed)

·
Registered
586 Posts
bitabur said:
I don't see how anyone can say they lost control of their car, but that it wasn't their fault.

Guess what, you're the one who was driving, it was your fault.
There are people out there who have never curbed a car.
They ride the bus. :-?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts