IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah yeah yeah. . . I'll get the pictures up later tonight. Had to drive her straight to work from the dealership. :lol:

Joe Spitz at Carter Subaru is the man! OMG. . . my friend and I had a great time BSing with him and Dan from finanacing. :p

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Congratulations! Good luck keeping it below 4000 rpms for 1000 miles :) I'm currently at 800 miles (9 days) and it's been tough....Enjoy.

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol. . . just on the way to work I was just thinking that. Kept getting right up to 4k in no time. :D

·
Registered
260 Posts
:D Alright, so today is the day you got it, huh? Congrats. I think it's kind of hilarious how Joe sits you in the driver's seat and goes over the car's control in rapid fire speed, like having you set the tach beeper alarm, learning how to get in and out of valet mode and stuff like that. Did he mention that he thought the numbering for the headlight aiming was backwards? Anyway Carter is a good dealer to buy from!

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:lol:

Yeah, I was thinking that. But on the other hand, it's great to know that he's done his homework on the cars he sells. ;)

No, he didn't mention that he thought the numbering was backwards, but we did shoot the bull quite a bit during the whole process. Between Joe, and Dan in finance, I had a blast buying the car, today. Those guys crack me up! :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Cleaning the MOTOR

Very cool. I picked up my Blue/Silver on the 16th in Renton. What a trick car! Haven't seen too many STi's on the road in the Seattle area yet.

So what factory options did you get? Have fun!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Congrats, the waiting is finally over. I saw the list of mods you've done to your last car on another forum. Can't wait to see what you will do to the STi. Keep us posted.

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HAHAHA! I'll leave my sig alone just to get on everyone's nerves! :p

Nah, I'll change it tomorrow or Friday . . . been way too busy since picking up the car, yesterday.

Drove it straight to work from the dealership.
Drove it for 2.5 hours last night after work.
Drove it to get a full Stoneguard application done this morning
Drove from the Stoneguard appt to work this afternoon.
Driving again tonight for 3 hours to Canadian border and back.

Should have around 400 miles on it after tonight. ;)

Oh yeah, driving it to a window tint appt first thing tomorrow morning, then to my installer's house so we can formulate the alarm / ICE gameplan. Then to work, again. :lol:

Tomorrow night. . . you guessed it. Probably another border run. (Exactly 100 miles each way, BTW)

Friday morning I should be able to upload some pictures and change the sig. By then I'll also post all the pictures of this week's initial mods. (Stoneguard, tint, taking delivery of car, etc) By NEXT weekend, I'll have all the ICE installation pictures. And after that. . . well. . . .you'll all just have to wait and see. ;)

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'm not saying you should drive less, but you do know that the break in takes place over the course of the hot and cold cycles... not just miles.

I can't wait to get mine!! :D

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
RLsChMiDt said:
I'm not saying you should drive less, but you do know that the break in takes place over the course of the hot and cold cycles... not just miles.

I can't wait to get mine!! :D
Indeed. . . I'm also running at least half a dozen separate errands each day to get those city miles in when I can't afford the time for a mini road trip. Plus, it's those shorter trips in town that yeild the highest number of rubberneckers and revhards. :roll:

Besides. . . between 1000 and around 1200-1300 I still plan to keep it under redline the majority of the time. Will probably be taking it up to 5000 on a regular basis at that point, though. ;)

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
So what are your thoughts now that you've had it for a few days? Big adjustment going from the Honda? It's definitely a different car!

Can't wait to see the pics, hope you are out enjoying the heck out of the little beast! :D

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh, you have no idea. Low end torque rules!

With the Honda I was like "Low end what? What's torque?" :p

I'm LOVING the car. Even doing a pull from 2500-4000 to pass on the freeway is a pleasure. . . and I know I'm not even tapping most of the available power yet.

Oh yeah. . .and I'll be posting up pictures very shortly. Have them resized, just need to upload them to my server.

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You mean THESE?!?!?! ;)

First several are at the dealership the day I picked her up. The next several were the next day at CSI in Lynnwood for Stoneguard application. The last several show the tint job from the day after that.

(Okay, so some at the end are a bit redundant, but I was playing with the light bias on the camera. Love the cold look the flourescent setting gives when outside.) :p

·
Registered
53 Posts
Quite the arteest. My favorite photo is the shimmery one of the car in front of the Honda sign. Interesting view of the tail look up at it.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts