IW STi Forum banner

121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Re: Sigs 05 CGM STi SM/PAX

Runoffs for the SCCA 2014 season just ended this weekend. Didn't race but sure the heck wanted to! Now I have until the Test and Tune July 26th to prep this thing for a kickass season! .

Things to do before:
Steering rack bushings
Re-Grease some of the back bushings, they are creaking and it's just annoying!!!
Mount new Hoosier A6's to the RPF1's. (285/30/18)
Replace Water Temp Prosport Gauge (faulty)
Drill and Mount Eyebolts for Harnesses /w plates underneath.
Mount Harness belts
Figure out optimum position for Bride Zeta 3 seat and Buddy Club rails. (What a pain so far)

Crappiest picture I've taken yet, I"ll replace this with a proper one soon.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Re: Sigs 05 CGM STi SM/PAX

Bought some new shoes finally for the season that starts soon.
Kuhmo V710 285/30/18

Suckers are getting expensive! I can't wait to move to the Pacific NorthWest so I can get a cut on all these shipping charges. $275 for shipping... bleah!

Final thing to do is extend my dumptube for SM class. Says to extend and dump out behind the drivers seat position. And then it's on!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #124 (Edited)
Re: Sigs 05 CGM STi SM/PAX New Tires!

Was my first AutoX back this season. I missed the first race for being out of town but this one... with an epic doom of a hurricane just offshore and crazy humidity, it held out all day for a record breaking attendance of 130+ drivers today. Since it's been a long time coming in getting it back out on the course to race, I started slowly with a decent time and worked my way down to my final score that boosted me up in 1st place spot for SM class. 6th place in PAX. Luckily the GTR in my class coned every run. He would of had me I think. Super fun course and great weather. Couldn't ask for anything more. Thanks to my pit crew (my wife) :) A pic and a vid of my best (last run).

New tires, the feels...

Of course this year is going to be horrible scheduling wise. I miss the first race, make the second, miss the third, make the fourth, miss the 5th, make everything else after. Hopefully qualify for runoffs this year is the best I can hope for.
Cheers!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #125 (Edited)
Moar pics.
1 from sunday at tech inspection and the other is the extended dump tube to comply with SM class. (Dump behind drivers seat) Later on if it's too loud, I'll chop the angle off it and stuff one of those supertrapp ends on it or chop it way back and do porsche muffler type.
Tigwerks was going to do one a while back but it didn't work out after he got busy with life.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Quick update, finally got to another race this past weekend after 2 months, yay! Tough competition out there this time but the lone STi in a pack of Evo's and a GTR came out on top again! 2 races, 2 1st place trophy's. Now to qualify enough races for runoffs.

Few pics from the weekend.

Lost in the Evo's...

Friend of mine brought out his unicorn GC all done up and purrrty.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Congrats! That X looks pretty well prepped. I spy a ciro wing!
Thanks! Felt good to get out there and stretch the STi's legs a bit. Yea the EVOX is who I mainly come out to race against, long time friend and rival since he got rid of his subaru. It's "VERY" well prepped for SM but I can still edge him out so far. SM is whoever has deeper pockets pretty much. I have skinny jean pockets, he has baggy's with a carpenter's apron... :lol:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Quick update:
Had to swap the seat and suspension to bring it back to stock for the "yearly safety check" that our lovely state makes us do. It doesn't have emissions but the suspension part of it sucks to have to bring it back to somewhat stock to pass. Seat, Steering wheel, lights, wheels, struts/springs/tophats.
Such a PITA but... gotta do what you gotta do in order to keep it legal.

We are looking to retire our 2004 WRX WRB soon as well so we've been lurking at the dealership lot scoping out our next daily. Most likely 2016 WRX , just not sure on trim and color yet and options. We'll see how it goes. So happy that the WRX finally moved to a 114.3 bolt pattern! I can swap the 295's on the new car and go! lol ok maybe not but hey, at least the bolt pattern fits.

Race on Sunday, I'll try to take the video cameras out if it's not raining.
Happy Holidays people!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Nice!

I'm curious why you are running in SM though? Seems like everything minus the EWG and the tires are ASP legal -- soon to be ST legal.

Fighting the urge to go SM myself :D

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
Quick update: Fixing up the ole STi again. Oil started to leak pretty bad out of the Valve Cover on the passenger side. Hopefully that takes care of that and wait for July to sneak in a few AutoX races.
Cheers!

·
Registered
694 Posts
I just did the same thing on my 05 a couple months ago. Had to do my old 03 WRX at about similar age. Seems to be one of those things.

Happy race season!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
A full year went by without racing it, driving it. but hey... it's fixed!
runs like a champ still and cooks it when i want to get on it.

SCCA already started, missed a few races but looking forward to getting out there and tossing it around a bit this year! Maybe even give Krang some competition. :naughty:

121 - 135 of 135 Posts