IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Seems its replacing the original one.
"At equal weight, in comparison with the standard equipment torsional rigidity rise to 4 times. The body framework catches the suspension input which enters into strut, holds down the deformation of the body.

·
Registered
271 Posts
That is approximately $230 depending on the exchange rate. If people are interested in a group buy we can probably get the price down by 5-15% and drastically cut shipping costs.

·
Registered
30 Posts
these things actually work..... but the thing is, Subaru already put them in the STi... and its hard to beat factory parts in terms of metal quality and stuff like that. And the claim of 4x rigidity... soooo doubtful...

save your money and keep the stock on in, its going to perform the same.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Can you show us evidence to substantiate your claims?

I have an STI that has brake lines and suspension, but it did not come with the STI branded brake lines, STI branded suspension components, or STI branded springs. All of which enhance some aspect of performance over stock. So unless you can prove otherwise or until I can further research the issue, I am inclined to believe that the STI branded part is an improvement over whatever came stock, if something did come stock in the USDM STIs.

I am interested.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Nivek-CA said:
StaticX should be all over this.
ya that looks easy enough, but removing the fender doesnt look like fun... although if i can get around it, I will and see what I can do.

Robert~

also... if the STi has one... then upgrading it i doubt would do much. I mean you're not going to turn the car hard enough tomake one form of metal (steel, aluminum, etc) to bend more then the other... (otherwise I'd figure it'd just bend permanently). Although going from like 1/8" to maybe a 1/4" or 3/16" o something might help... *shrug* i will wait until people come up with more info, as I dont want to rip apart my fender or buy one for like ~$250.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts