IW STi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Pure Red STi
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if right place, but I think it is. Picked up my Pure Red 2020 STi back in August with the usual "I'm not going to mod this" mindset. About a week ago I decided to bite the bullet and get the Cobb Redline intake (I'm a sucker for carbon fiber) and an AP. I then proceed to spend at least 3 days trying to figure out a tuner when I stumbled on @yamahaSHO and saw he answered pretty much everyone's questions. I honestly was a bit hesitant since most people suggested TP or Bren but the way Jason talked to me regarding my options ultimately led me to choose him for my tune.

Ultimately, after about a week and a half and a few revisions(we were both shocked at how well the car responded, I think I got a unicorn :D) the car is driving and responding so much better than before. Just wanted to post a quick shoutout for his tuning services since I hadn't seen many people posting their experiences with his actual tunes.

·
Premium Member
See about
6,211 Posts
Jason knows what he is doing and at least for me dealing with him is more like dealing with a friend than a shop.

·
Super Moderator
8,959 Posts
Montrix a quick question as I am considering a tune from Jason as well (still on the
fence about a tune anywhere).

What mods do you have?

What did you do to get ready for the tune (Wideband AFR ect)?

Thanks
Dave

He's got a fairly simple setup, which is basically just the Cobb intake and a tune. His actually dialed in pretty quickly, in that my base map was good all the way until we got to S# boost, where I then had to shape the boost level and curve a bit. Not all cars come in that easy, even the most basic setups (or even OEM car and tune-only).

For his specific setup, I did not require a WBO2, and I can get things pretty close in this circumstance. Some builds, I do require a WBO2, and for good measure.

·
Registered
2020 Pure Red STi
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Montrix a quick question as I am considering a tune from Jason as well (still on the
fence about a tune anywhere).

What mods do you have?

What did you do to get ready for the tune (Wideband AFR ect)?

Thanks
Dave
Jason already answered, but yeah only mod for now is the redline intake

1 - 7 of 7 Posts