IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i was going to get that fmic, but i came across this on ebay and it would be nice to get some exterior things done to my STi. yes, i know, there is no weight difference blah blah blah. this is purely cosmetic and i know that. i love the way cf hoods look on white STi's.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...30032725348&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

its a real seibon hood, or i wouldnt consider it. i asked the seller if the hood scoop was removable (because i really like how it looks with the stock hood scoop) and he said it wasnt, and i couldve swarn the oem style hood from seibon has the removable hood scoop. whats your guys opinions? anyone have this hood with the cf scoop? yeah i know, im indecisive lol. but the more i was thinking, the more i want to add a cf hood, the wing that paperchasin has been selling, and maybe a lip and call it a day on the exterior.

thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
get it my boy has it and it looks hawt

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, thats where i first saw it. there was an STi for sale by my school and it had this hood on it and i was like wow.

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
yeah get it, you'll be ballin :lol:

·
Registered
314 Posts
The hood scoop is removable because you can order different hood scoops through Seibon. the carbon hood scoop would look good with the white OEM hood but complete hoods and trunks are too much carbon for me. Also, the carbon hood will start to turn yellow a year or two down the road from the sun. If you do buy it, make sure he puts insurance on the package when it ships and look over the hood real good when it is recieved. UPS is nitorious for having packages look like they have gone to hell and back by the time you recieve it. Never the less, the hood should look good on the car.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Ever since I found out that aftermarket cf hoods weigh nearly as much as a cf hood, I have thought that it would be a large waste of money. The whole point of carbon fiber is to make something heavy lighter. Here is how I now think about it:

-94% of people will think you are poor because you can't afford to paint your "black" hood. This group is most of the world.

-1% of people will think you are stupid for spending so much money on a hood with no weight loss - these people are knowledgeable tuners.

-5% of people will think it is awesome to have an STi with a "lightweight" hood - these are tuners/ricers who don't know anything.

Listen, I am sorry if I offended anyone, but I just think there are so many better modifications that you can do with that kind of money that would make a huge difference in how your car accelerates/brakes/turns/looks. If I had absolutely run out of things to do, I would be all over it because I do like how carbon fiber looks on cars.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
IWantAnSTi said:
Listen, I am sorry if I offended anyone, but I just think there are so many better modifications that you can do with that kind of money that would make a huge difference in how your car accelerates/brakes/turns/looks. If I had absolutely run out of things to do, I would be all over it because I do like how carbon fiber looks on cars.
Not if insurance paid for it! :eek: :D

·
Registered
2019 WRX
4,512 Posts
XxSCAxX said:
yeah i dont like the hood pins. i wouldnt even use them.
dont even use hood pins, use NRG hood dampers.. but be gentle with the hood, because its not OEM and it will crack the CF if you handle it roughly.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah i know to be careful. im going to try to get it.

iwantansti - thats your preference. you like your things, and i like mine. you might think its a waste, but i think it would make my car look better. to each its own.

·
Registered
242 Posts
To each is own is right. If it makes you happy, I am happy. Plus, it will look good, just a little pricey. Good luck with the modding.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts