IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed my intake resinator and when I was done I started up my STi and found it left a CRUSE light on on my dash. So I fugured no biggy just remove the negative lead on the battery and maby it will go away... IT DID ... Now about an hour ago I dyed all of the blubs in the stock deck, climite controle and the key ring ( to red ) but when I did it I removed the negative on the battery agan .... So to make a long question short ................. What dose removing the negative do to the ECU (computer) and will it affect Performance, Gas milage, or any thing in the car and for how long?????????

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
resetting the ECU lets your ecu relearn to the new environments... (such as if you put in an intake, it will learn how to adapt to the new air coming in and reset the a/f - im assuming - to the proper settings). Its alwasy smart to reset the ecu after a performance mod to get the best results.

Robert~

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Next High Performance Driving Event at VIR

so staticx313 what dose the grounding kit do for your car? like what dose it improve ?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
how to cure the understeer problem... ;)

check the other threads...it gives better ground so alll your accessories work better...brighter lights, even my stereo sounds better...and it smoothes out the idle rpm too... thanks staticx

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
timmy1 said:
so staticx313 what dose the grounding kit do for your car? like what dose it improve ?
It does a whole range of good things without affecting the longevity of the car. All your electronics will function better, everything is smoother (my reason for doing it) and it will be probably 1/2 the price of the competitors (Lineage - $100 or so ... and only has 4-5 wires). Mine is $50 with 8 wires. If you're ever interested email me and i can explain more.

Robert~

1 - 8 of 8 Posts