IW STi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering what everyone thoughts on the short blocks that are being sold from around here, i saw that group-s has a few, then AR has some too ( which i was looking at) crawford which i heard some really bad stories about and then AMR (which is kinda high priced??) only thing i wasnt sure about on the AR short blocks is that its compression was 8;2 as to where i thought stock was around 8;5. just fuel for thought since i just blew my motor the other day and havent really looked into it. figured ide like to run safely in the 500 WHP range with a 35r. thanks guys/gals for your input!

·
Registered
146 Posts
WicK said:
i was wondering what everyone thoughts on the short blocks that are being sold from around here, i saw that group-s has a few, then AR has some too ( which i was looking at) crawford which i heard some really bad stories about and then AMR (which is kinda high priced??) only thing i wasnt sure about on the AR short blocks is that its compression was 8;2 as to where i thought stock was around 8;5. just fuel for thought since i just blew my motor the other day and havent really looked into it. figured ide like to run safely in the 500 WHP range with a 35r. thanks guys/gals for your input!
I would go with either Axis or Gruppe-S. Usually the main weak points in the engine are the pistons, rods, and rod bearings..And you might as well upgrade the headstuds as well.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Gruppe-S just announced an all forged internal shortblock for $2699. Very good price when compared to other similar blocks.

·
Registered
173 Posts
GT Motorsports makes a pretty badass block ;)

Getting in touch with them isn't the easiest though..

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
burnin4 said:
how did you blow your engine? Axis, Cobb, Gruppe-s all make good blocks.

stupid $hit, i was racing my old man with his 01 supercharged cobra when my vac line by the turbo blew off and the boost shot up to as much as the turbo can push.:eek: i didnt relize it until i stopped pulling on him and he started to pull on me and looked down and saw a check engine light flashing then came to white smoke. (prolly head gasket with antifreeze) had a p103 code come up and thats that! deff sucks though cause i just put on my meth kit, didnt get it tuned ( i didnt use it either) and didnt get a chance to run a c-6 supercharged vette that put down 513 at the wheels. but at least now for sure next year i better be ready to beat him on a roll.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
WRXtranceformed said:
GT Motorsports makes a pretty badass block ;)

Getting in touch with them isn't the easiest though..
Speaking of which, how much longer 'til you are done breaking in your motor?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts