IW STi Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thank you for reminding me why I do all my own work

If I had to pay someone to do mods, I would never do them.

I wish I could, my tools are in a storage facility in Atlanta and I don't have access to a driveway/garage. If I did I would have loved to work on the car myself. I've done all boltons, suspension and motor swaps for every other car I've owned with my father for almost 20 years. I loved every second of it (except for the trouble shooting until it fixed haha) and if all goes well I should be back down south with a nice house and big garage :tup:.

Yes I've spent a lot, learned a lesson and it sucks, but I knew the risks and have accepted the costs.

·
Registered
299 Posts
+1 on not doing anything if i had to pay labor...mine would probably be barely surviving if i was paying someone else, much less as stock as it gets...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
UPDATE* Received the car back last Wednesday and everything has been great. I am still on my break-in tune and I'm going for my 500 mile oil change today. Next one is at 1k and it will be dyno tuned at that time. So should be next week.

The ACT clutch and flywheel is going to take a little getting use to the engagement point.

Overall I am very happy with the job that was done even though the price was high, nice group up guys as well. Going to be installing a wideband as well as oil temp and oil/fp guages which I should have had already.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts