IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a quick "I'm a Dork" question..., when I'm driving my "Pimp Juice" 1993 Festiva, I typically shift from 1st to 3rd to 5th..., meaning that I usually skip 2nd and 4th gears. Is that something that others in the manual world so as well? I seem to get batter gas mileage that way...

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Nope, can't say I do. With the amount of torque my Celica has at around-town RPMs, I'd be crawling if I tried that.

Never heard of anyone skipping gears my choice...just those bastards at GM making the Corvette go 1-4.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that's a nice toss, huh?:)

Nothing like stretching things a little...................................................

·
Registered
2 Posts
On my Integra Type R, I quite often go from 1st to 2nd to 5th. Despite the claims of bad low-end torque, the Type R is comfortable tooling around town at 30mph in 5th.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hahahaha.....

What would #'s 1-3 do, continue their orgy???

(nothing like a little Crazy Gerbil SEX!!!)

·
Registered
99 Posts
little nitpicks

Nope never do that in my Jetta. I do start in 3rd on accident every so often because 1st and 3rd are so damn close togeather...My 2.Slow really hates when I do that :roll:

So what kinda power does a Festiva have?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
63 horsies and 78 pounds of feet....

:D

I'm actually amazed at the quickness of it's 1.3L. I've smoked a few V6's from lights and once on the highway. It only weighs 1800lbs...

It's pretty sweet. I get 44mpg in town... :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
My Blue/Silver spot available

Hey ingraham==a 3rd gear start in your STI? What happened to the warning light and bell on the 4000 rpm alert? or are you already out of your break-in period? STI is my first six speed transmission, and I'm still getting used to the box some, but starting in anything other than first seems alittle extreme.SFRinNJ

·
Registered
334 Posts
BHODGES3 Warning

murley said:
I'm actually amazed at the quickness of it's 1.3L. I've smoked a few V6's from lights and once on the highway. It only weighs 1800lbs...

It's pretty sweet. I get 44mpg in town... :)
I see that the 1987 Festiva L manages 0-60 in 10.2 seconds, with a 1/4 mile at 17.8 seconds. The information here stats the 1993 63hp Festiva manages 0-60 in 12.7 seconds, with a top speed of 95 mph. While I'm sure there are some V6's that you can beat, I wouldn't think this would be classified as quick -- 10 seconds is my cutoff point, beyond which I think a car is dangerously slow. I suspect that, like my Miata, we win most street light races because the other person doesn't really try.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
murley said:
Hey guys, I have a quick "I'm a Dork" question..., when I'm driving my "Pimp Juice" 1993 Festiva, I typically shift from 1st to 3rd to 5th..., meaning that I usually skip 2nd and 4th gears. Is that something that others in the manual world so as well? I seem to get batter gas mileage that way...

FOLKS: Call to action!! Buy some cars from Murley so that he can atleast upgrade to a newer Festiva!!!

Murley, what gains would you get if you put a K&N filter on that beast :)

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ummmm, it might have 68 horsies instead of 63...

I did find out that they actually make turbos for the Festivas and sort of rally them. Check out

www.fordfestiva.com

It's pretty interesting...
;)

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
*shutters in disgust*
Eeewwwwhhhhhhh....

:oops:

*trying not to hurl*

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey Jason: Please go sell some more STIs or something! you need some fresh air. We love the info and all on our subies but this thread has gotten a little extreme! When did you say you get a vacation? They do occasionally give you some time off don't they?SFRinNJ

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got mine. Drove 800 miles, 3 tanks of gas, 1 car wash...

Huh, time off..., I could only wish!

Here's some pics of my BEAST!!!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 51 Posts