IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
lurking Subaru whore
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So as some of you may know, Kaimino is going to put his meet on hiatus.

I wish to keep the monthly IWSTI meet going but first...

I would like input from other fellow IWSTI SF Bay Area members on suggestions on locations/activities we could be doing once a month. It is very likely I will change the meet day to Sunday for this meet.

I'm thinking out of convenience of the central location of the old meet spot at Pacific Commons in Fremont, to keep that location the main meet spot. However, I am thinking of turning this into an eat then drive or something along that sort (those of you who attended know I love planning drives). I wish to meet new Subaru drivers/enthusiasts in the SF Bay Area as well as enjoy our well-engineered Subaru machines on the kinds of roads Subaru likely tests on, the twisty mountain roads we bay area residents are blessed with.

Any suggestions, comments, and additional input, I would greatly appreciate.

proposed next meet time, and place
Saturdays, around 2200 (10 PM) to 0000 Sunday midnight morning

Milpitas Great Mall parking lot near Chevron and McDonald's

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
http://i.imgur.com/BKxN1bd.png

I am in a silver Subaru XV Crosstrek with U.S.A. flags on the rear hatch and D-pillars on both driver and passenger sides. I also have a spoiler on my spoiler (yes, really).

·
Registered
188 Posts
Re: SF Bay Area UNofficial Monthly IWSTI Meet (hiatus filler meet)

Hey... hats off to Kaimino for his tireless support. We met two months ago when he brought the meet to Princeton, north of Half Moon Bay. It was a beautiful day. It was nice meeting up on the coast and having good seafood.

AWDFreak,
Hoping the meet can continue to rotate locations like the past? I'm open to help with organization and hosting on the peninsula or coast. Happy to make the drive to Fremont too.

On an aside, I think the I-Club guys are planning another meet at Bridgepoint in Foster City this Friday (12th) 8PM behind Starbucks. Same guys that meet in SSF / Starbread.

You're on iClub yes? Would you mind asking "jumpman" (jeff) if its on? Was hoping to get confirmation. :cool:

·
lurking Subaru whore
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Re: SF Bay Area UNofficial Monthly IWSTI Meet (hiatus filler meet)

Hey... hats off to Kaimino for his tireless support. We met two months ago when he brought the meet to Princeton, north of Half Moon Bay. It was a beautiful day. It was nice meeting up on the coast and having good seafood.

AWDFreak,
Hoping the meet can continue to rotate locations like the past? I'm open to help with organization and hosting on the peninsula or coast. Happy to make the drive to Fremont too.

On an aside, I think the I-Club guys are planning another meet at Bridgepoint in Foster City this Friday (12th) 8PM behind Starbucks. Same guys that meet in SSF / Starbread.

You're on iClub yes? Would you mind asking "jumpman" (jeff) if its on? Was hoping to get confirmation. :cool:
Rotation would be nice, as I know many would appreciate a change of scenery. If you can, I'd like

As for this month's meet, I have decided I would want it to be next Saturday, on the 27th Aug 2016.

Meet time TBD, I'm open for suggestions. If I don't get any feedback I want to be switching the meet to a nighttime meet (for convenient meet and drive events). I will set the meet time to somewhere between 2100-2200 (9-10 PM) unless someone else has a suggested night/evening meet time.

And yes, I am on i-club but I am no longer as active there as I used to. I lurk instead just as I do here.

·
lurking Subaru whore
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: SF Bay Area UNofficial Monthly IWSTI Meet (South Bay hiatus filler meet)

I've decided on having the location at the Milpitas Great Mall.

Those who want to go on the optional drive are urged to bring an FRS-band two-way radio.

·
lurking Subaru whore
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Less than 8 hours remaining until this month's first meet. I hope you lurkers out there can join and have a chat with fellow Subaru enthusiasts :)

·
lurking Subaru whore
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

If any of you have bothered to check in, this month's meet won't be happening, because work schedule.

I may do what shadowsports is doing and switch it to a weekly meet to improve the chances of fellow enthusiasts showing up. Or **** it, I'll just do that.

·
Registered
113 Posts
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) .... lurking.

Definitely interested in a meet up. Looking forward to meeting other Bay Area subie enthusiasts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
lurking Subaru whore
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry to everyone for saying it would be a weekly meet, yet I've been unable to attend. These two weeks aren't gonna have meets yet. The upcoming Saturdays atter the next (22nd and 29th), will be able to attend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts