IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 563 Posts

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
::::::::::MEET INFO::::::::::

Update (June 19, 2017): Location and Timeframe updated!

**There will be no more monthly meets for the time being. However, there may be impromptu meets, so stay subscribed.**

Meet Number (click for meet results, if any): 1, 2.1, 3, 4, 5.2, 6, 7, 8.1, 9, 10.1, 11, 12, 13.1, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22.1, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28.1, 29.1, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36.1

Date: June 25

Day (select one, otherwise leave blank):
- Saturday
- Sunday

Time interval (select a start/end time, otherwise leave blank).
- Breakfast (7-9am)
- Lunch/Brunch (11:45-2pm)
- Dinner (6-7pm, Friday only)

County/restaurant location of the month (Restaurant location recommended to have ample parking space and must be family friendly, not super crowded on weekends, and be within current county):
- Alameda County*
Abigail's Moroccan Cuisine
http://www.abigailsalameda.com/site/abigails/home/lunch
1132 Ballena Blvd
Alameda, CA 94501

RED = Walking distance, YELLOW = Parking

- Contra Costa County*
- Marin County*
- Napa County*
- San Francisco County*
- Santa Clara County*
- San Mateo County*
- Solano County*
- Sonoma County*

* = By special request via PM and/or Holiday special only

Optional Monthly Drives/Events (takes place after the meet):
Click on link for more info: TBA

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Hello everyone, welcome to the Official SF Bay Area IWSTI Meet Thread. Seeing how there are many interests, it might just work out. I realize there are MANY other Subaru meets already dominating the Bay, but it's worth a try. It will be a good way to create a more "realistic" family as apparently the IWSTI only has so little Bay Area members, and promote this forum at the same time. Meets will take place on the last weekend of the month.

If any of you feel that you have family/friends who can follow basic meet rules, respectful (when not joking), open-minded, and friendly, go ahead and invite them too and they'll fit right in. Not trying to start another Cannibeat here :rolleyes::lol:

Monthly drives and other events can be organized by anyone. Either post your proposal on this thread or PM me the info (in detail) and I will link it to this very first post for everyone to see. We will discuss more about the route during the meet or PM the person organizing the drives/events.

I'm planning to run this unusually different than other meets, with locations differing each month and having the counties rotated around. All I ask from you is to suggest restaurant to dine in, and select some options laid out below. We shall vote on the days and 2-hour interval of Lunch or Dinnertime. Days will be fixed to the weekends.

I highly prefer you PM me suggestions to avoid clotting this thread. The votes will be finalized one week before the meet. Please leave most comments and feedback in the NorCal chat thread to keep this thread short and clean. If you want, you can PM me your number as well for "real-time" updates during the day of the meet instead of posting here.

>>The counties will be rotated counter clockwise, so plan ahead with your weekend plans with your family, friends, or errands if you want to attend. Also, November and December meets will be combined into one meet (2nd weekend of December) due to holiday plans most of us might have.<<

You may post in here to subscribe :cool: For further comments, please PM me or use the NorCal Chatthread to avoid cluttering this thread. If you want to refer to something from this thread, just mention the post# of choice in this thread. New posters, don't hesitate to introducing yourself to the NorCal IWSTI gang, we don't bite ;):tup:

Many thanks to Dchee for helping me plan out the meets, and to those that has shown interest to make this meet possible! :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Re: San Francisco Bay Area Official IWSTI Meet (Status: Debating)

Any meet in the bay area no matter the make always ends up some where near Sunnyvale

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: San Francisco Bay Area Official Monthly IWSTI Meet (Status: Debating)

Interval decided. This meet is now a monthly meet. Every last weekend of the month.

The official first IWSTI meet will be held on September 29th or 30th, depending on final vote count.

·
Registered
603 Posts

looks like I forgot to subscribe. Subb'd!

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Last day to PM me your vote/changed votes. Reminder that this first voting session ends at 11pm tonight.

Again, please refrain from commenting on this thread, unless it's for subscription (your 1st and only post) to prevent elongation. 2-4 bumps will be given by OP between meets for update.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Re: SF Bay Area Official Monthly IWSTI Meet (Status: First Meet Info Confirmed)

welp, no word. Thinking it might be last minute or rescheduled? I can make it although not a fan of Mtn View. I'm thinking Tied House on Villa off Castro since there's a parking lot across the street that should be fairly empty on Sunday.

Really isn't any good places on El Camino in MV unless you go all the way down toward Mathilda which ends up being a block from Sunnyvale PD. (Kind of bored of In-n-out meets.) I'd vote for Adamson's French Dip or Armadillo Willy's in SV.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: SF Bay Area Official Monthly IWSTI Meet (Status: First Meet Info Confirmed)

Same day as my company picnic :confused::(
welp, no word. Thinking it might be last minute or rescheduled? I can make it although not a fan of Mtn View. I'm thinking Tied House on Villa off Castro since there's a parking lot across the street that should be fairly empty on Sunday.

Really isn't any good places on El Camino in MV unless you go all the way down toward Mathilda which ends up being a block from Sunnyvale PD. (Kind of bored of In-n-out meets.) I'd vote for Adamson's French Dip or Armadillo Willy's in SV.
It's gonna be on a Saturday as it was the majority of vote, sorry. Next time maybe.

Due to Mountain View's small vicinity, it's very difficult to find a suitable location for a decent car meet, so for starters I've selected Shoreline Aquatic Center and Cafe as our meet point. This meet is NOT set in one place or time. We will vote again after this meet. Check first post for more details.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Re: SF Bay Area Official Monthly IWSTI Meet (Status: First Meet Info Final)

Too far against the grain. (Read: east)
Wont be making it but looking fwd to next month.

·
Registered
131 Posts

How many people are heading out???
I dont want to be the only one there lol

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

I'm there right now and its jam packed with concert people...I did not expect a concert today... If there is another location, I'm up for suggestions. If not, I'm gonna reschedule.. My sincere apologies.

1 - 20 of 563 Posts