IW STi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
There will be a Chiltons type manual out for it from Subaru most likely. The easiest thing to do will be to put a pot together, have a bunch of people pitch in to buy one, and then scan in any articles people want.

It worked out really nice that way on nc.org

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
4MLA1FN said:
CloNeGTS said:
It worked out really nice that way on nc.org
the North Carolina Association of Convention & Visitor Bureaus has a shop manual? :)
hehe....sorry, that's our inside abbreviation for newcelica.org.

Doesn't Subaru put out service manuals for the dealers to use? I'm almost positive that's what we ended up getting from Toyota for the Celica...something around $130 for it I believe.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
New Forum

4MLA1FN said:
http://www.subaruparts.com/catalog/?section=205

egads! :eek: i hope our sti manuals don't cost *more* than the 02 wrx. this hurts.
Yup, that would be it. But, like I said, if we can get a group of 20 people to throw in $10 bucks and just scan in the pages we need, we'd be all set.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Well, I just meant the important or more used stuff would initially be scanned. So removing the front end......suspension removal......turbo removal....those kind of things. And then if someone has somethine special in mind, get that scanned in too.

Just a thought.....and like I said, it worked pretty well in the past. It's not like we need the manual to know the technical way to remove the wheels!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Sorry, but that's where the people who want to use the manual have to realize a few things

1. If you aren't sure how to do something, do your homework ahead of time.

2. If you in essence paid $10 for a $250 manual, you are going to have to 'pay' for it in other ways....meaning waiting for a scan or maybe waiting to do a job until you can get the scan.

It'll work out for those of us that pursue the idea. For those that don't, I don't think Subaru will have a problem printing everyone up a copy for cha-ching.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.