IW STi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
4MLA1FN said:
CloNeGTS said:
...just scan in the pages we need....
that would be cool. burn 'em to cd and/or make the iso available to members. however, i wonder if subaru would be pissed off at us. after all, manuals are revenue. :roll:
I think the best way to do something like that is for one person to buy it or perhaps several people chip in, and have one person buy it. Then that one person burns the scanned images on a cd and sends it to the couple people who chipped money in. The key here is to not have this deal associated with this site. There is no room to make money on something like this or be dumb..just simple friends helping each other out. $130 for a shop manual is no joke! :eek:

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
It's almost that time again!

Rob has a good point, not too mention if the manual was bought after a few chipped in then whenever someone needed the spec sheet on the brakes the "holder" of the manual could just scan and send those pages necessary.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
xjon,
You do bring up some good points, and for a guy like me who is 6 hours ahead of the East Coast it would be tough.

It might almost be better to just have one person scan the whole thing and then save it to a CD or two. If I had a scanner I would volunteer to do this..and possibly still may. It would help if a few got together and could just pass it around..but that would limit the total number of people that would chip in to buying the thing.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Tb311 said:
I was thinking or more like voluntering to scan the entire book and put it on cd then ship it out to who ever pitched in, that way everyone gets the complete manual for a really cheap price. what do you guys think?
I'd do this...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.