IW STi Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with college coming up... i just dont think i can keep the car. Its practically brand new with 5500 miles... But i can't bring a car my first year anyways and i dont want it sitting at home, tuition isnt cheap either. There will defenitely be another STi in my future though, just not at this time... the mods i want to do and my budget defenitely do not meet

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/showthread.php?p=810914#post810914

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Ah, sorry to hear that you have to let it go. But that is a wise decision nonetheless. Hopefully after school is done, you can bring home another STi. Also, good luck on selling your car.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah... im actually thinking i might get a 2500 chevy diesel for my next truck because im going to be a civil engineer probably, they get like 22mpg on the highway and 18 or so around town, with 650 ft lb of torque !!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Damn, I would of seriously considered picking that up if you posted that month ago :(. I would in the market for another '05 but got an Evo IX instead. Good luck with the sale, as well as college!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TeKiZeRo said:
Damn, I would of seriously considered picking that up if you posted that month ago :(. I would in the market for another '05 but got an Evo IX instead. Good luck with the sale, as well as college!

Thanks guys....yeah those evo 9's are beasts, my friend had an evo, it just had too many problems and kind of scared me away... that was an evo8 though, the 9's seem almost completely redone

·
Registered
189 Posts
Sorry to hear...
Why can't you bring a car the first year?

·
Registered
280 Posts
tphss said:
Sorry to hear...
Why can't you bring a car the first year?

I would say 9 out of 10 colleges dont allow freshman to have a car on campus. Well thats how it is in the east for the most part. Im in the same boat as you are, im going off to college on the 26th and i cant have a car untill junior year unless i live off campus sophmore year. My dad wants me to sell the car but i just cant do it. Rite now i have my dream car and if the 2008's are hatchbacks i would regret if i sold it.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
That's what the rules were like for my friends too... Their college didn't allow freshman to have their cars on campus. Why don't you just leave the car at home for the first two years? Tell your dad its your dreamcar... just have him drive the car around the block once a week or so until you're allowed to have the car on campus. They go to Stanford and was able to find a loophole so they could have their cars during freshman year. I'll give him a call and see what it was, so maybe you can do it too :).

Edit: I called him, and what he did was have an upperclassman buy the ticket for him, and he was able to have his car there. It's been three years and he's a junior now. The downside is that the person buying your permit cannot have his/her car there. So find someone who lives far away and is planning to dorm or whatever for awhile.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Hah, my college did not allow me to have a car on campus my freshman year. So I went and talked to the administration and talked them into allowing me a parking sticker anyway. You will find that as long as you have good reasons and approach things in an adult manner that school administrations are flexible. In college towns there are always ways around these rules. Get someone to buy a sticker for you like someone else said, or find someone willing to rent you a parking space. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Too bad about having to sell your STi. School should come first. Good luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts