IW STi Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone,

I felt the need to start a journal seeing that I have acquired an acceptable amount of modifications for the car, and it is a never ending project for me. Enjoy the thread and always feel free to chime in!

This is how she sits now

DSC_7315 copy 2 by STiGuy22, on Flickr

This is the day I got my car on 10/24/14 with 8006 on the odometer

20141026_135948 copy by STiGuy22, on Flickr

My Current Mod List

Engine/Power:
Cobb SF Intake
Cobb SF air box
Cobb V3 Accessport
Invidia N1 Dual exhaust
Invidia Divorced Wastegate Catted Downpipe
Agency Power UEL Headers
Agency power Up-pipe
GrimmSpeed 3-port EBCS
IAG Competition serious AOS
NGK iridium Spark plugs
Protune @ Kevin from Precision Tuning

Interior:
Pruveeo D700 Dash Cam and backup camera
Vinyl Wrapped interior
Interior Vinyl Wrap
Cobb black/red Shift knob
Sony XAV-1000 Apple Car Play Stereo

Exterior:
Vinyl wrapped trunk garnish
Premium Auto Styling tail light overlays
Premium Auto Styling chrome delete
Premium Auto Styling fog light overlays
Red Grill Pinstripe
Homemade license plate delete
Grimmspeed license plate relocation kit
Rally Armor UR Mudflaps
Hella Horns w/ bracket and harness
20% window tint
Bayson R Front Lip

Wheels/tires:
Muteki Lug Nuts
Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2 245/40/18

Miscellaneous:
DEI Gold intercooler tape
Passport 9500i Radar Detector
Fastronix Military Spec Battery Terminal Top Post Kit

I hope I am not forgetting any other mods that have been put on the car�

DSC_5858-Edit-Edit copy 2 by STiGuy22, on Flickr

I bought the car because I wanted a fun daily driver that I could work on myself. My passion for cars started with working under the hood and learning the anatomy of what made it run.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I wanted a conservative tune from precision tuning in NJ because as much as I love boost, I did not want to risk the health of my engine for daily driving.

Scan 1 copy by STiGuy22, on Flickr

The car hits 16-17 psi and I couldn't have asked for a better tune. Thanks Kevin!

The car seriously never knocks, I thought I would be getting a -1.4 every so often but this tune is perfect.

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
That crack is an easy "cosmetic fix" with some epoxy like JB weld applied so that it comes through both sides, let it set and then sand it down level with the rest of the lip with wet 2000 grit after masking off the adjacent good OE paint...leaving about a 1/8" of the good paint showing on either side of the crack. Then touch it up with SWP spray paint can(available on ebay) or dealer touch up paint. Lightly wet sand that after its cured for a couple of days and then clear coat it. Will be barely noticeable then and can fix it for under $20.

·
Registered
139 Posts
SWP will always be my favorite color on this cars.. Beautiful STi! Do you have any bigger plans for her in the future?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SWP will always be my favorite color on this cars.. Beautiful STi! Do you have any bigger plans for her in the future?
Thank you! Besides for wheels and coils, I'm really looking into investing in a short block from IAG. My goals for this car are to keep it as a daily that I can have fun with so nothing too crazy. I am just unsure if I should go closed deck or not. I feel it would be a little overkill for my goals with the car so I may just stick to a stage 2 or stage 2 tuff block.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: Not much new with the car, its we get tough winters here so I picked up a set of winter wheels and tires last season and they have been great!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Sparco Drift series wheels finished in matte bronze
17x8
Cooper Evolution winter tires
235/45/R17

mounted and balanced from tire rack shipped to my front door :love:

·
Registered
935 Posts
I would not get an IAG stage 2 for a DD. Sure they "can" last long, but if you really are concerned with engine longevity and good knock protection, a Rallispec Street SB or any 4032 forged piston would suffice. Especially at stock turbo levels.

·
Premium Member
5,201 Posts
Thank you! Besides for wheels and coils, I'm really looking into investing in a short block from IAG. My goals for this car are to keep it as a daily that I can have fun with so nothing too crazy. I am just unsure if I should go closed deck or not. I feel it would be a little overkill for my goals with the car so I may just stick to a stage 2 or stage 2 tuff block.
This all depends of what " a daily that I can have fun with so nothing too crazy" means. Let me say that in 2015 I was exactly this frame of mind , and I am beignning to plan my next build to be completed in the next couple of years. Anyway, in 2015I did not try to break the 400AWHP barrier - and it used to be a barrier, perhaps THE barrier to break. These days there is no reason no to break 400 in a daily, except to save money. 350+ was a non issue in very way. The car is more driveable, not less, again in anyway. Dpon't let numberss get in the way. All kind of STi are getting to 350+ on Flex w a stock block. That doesn't make them very fast cars. They don't have the powerband or top end of a properly set up car with the same power - thoguh they might be fine for many people - they are far more powerful than they were stock . . .

I would not get an IAG stage 2 for a DD. Sure they "can" last long, but if you really are concerned with engine longevity and good knock protection, a Rallispec Street SB or any 4032 forged piston would suffice. Especially at stock turbo levels.
I don't disagree with this. The life of a 4032 or simmilar piston would be great. I am wary though. IAG has occasionlly offered them and then not. Currently thweir offering is forged 2618, and billet 2618. I will look at Rallispec again - I can talk to them too - they are the only good local shop to me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This all depends of what " a daily that I can have fun with so nothing too crazy" means. Let me say that in 2015 I was exactly this frame of mind , and I am beignning to plan my next build to be completed in the next couple of years. Anyway, in 2015I did not try to break the 400AWHP barrier - and it used to be a barrier, perhaps THE barrier to break. These days there is no reason no to break 400 in a daily, except to save money. 350+ was a non issue in very way. The car is more driveable, not less, again in anyway. Dpon't let numberss get in the way. All kind of STi are getting to 350+ on Flex w a stock block. That doesn't make them very fast cars. They don't have the powerband or top end of a properly set up car with the same power - thoguh they might be fine for many people - they are far more powerful than they were stock . . .

I don't disagree with this. The life of a 4032 or simmilar piston would be great. I am wary though. IAG has occasionlly offered them and then not. Currently thweir offering is forged 2618, and billet 2618. I will look at Rallispec again - I can talk to them too - they are the only good local shop to me.
Back in 2016 I wanted a reliable daily driver, and I still have that same ideology today. I have had many friends with stock turbo Subarus all of which ended up with ring land failure. I am currently the last man standing of the bunch, but I would say its due to the fact that I give my STi the highest of care. My IAG AOS has been fantastic and I just got my oil analysis back from Blackstone and its healthy by their marks 😁.

I wanted to build it almost because I was just too afraid of it every blowing up 😂 but now that I just passed 5 years owning the car with no major issues I think its safe to say that I can wait on it for now. I am really less concerned about numbers (hence for my fairly conservative pro tune) just my reliability and enjoyment of ownership.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Not easy taking a picture of a mirror but giving it my best shot!
This is a MUST HAVE for anyone still using the cheap OEM mirror that comes with the car. It is a Pruveeo D700 Dash Cam and backup camera. Mounts directly OVER the stock mirror and has a camera built right on the back of it. Touch screen and very visible. Turns on and off easily too so you would never even know that its there.

I have it set up in split view in the photo so it shows the front camera and rear backup camera at the same time, recording both the front and back every time I start the car. All for $60 on Amazon. Worth it just for the auto dimming function my stock mirror never came with 😂😂

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Knocked the dust off my thinking cap and built this phone holder with some extra wood from my shop. Put some velcro on the other side of it so it sticks to the carpet next to my right knee. It's easy because the USB port for my stereo is in the front so the wire goes straight down and is out of the way.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts