IW STi Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Background:

Purchased Airlift 3H from BagRiders during last year's Black Friday sale. Decided to have them installed at an Airlift authorized installer near me.

Dropped the car off in the first week of May. Got the car back a week later ot fully completed. This was due to the controller firmware not being updated. So they weren't able to completely calibrate the system. Also, the abs light, traction, and c.diff warning lights were illuminated.

Paired the system with my phone which then allowed me to update the firmware. Then I tried to calibrate the system. It didn't let me complete calibration because the height sensors weren't in range. Was then told to bring the car in so they can readjust them. Also mentioned to them to fix the warning lights.

They then determined that the reason for those warning lights was because of a failed wheel speed sensor. So I waited another week until that part came in. They installed it and all the warning lights were gone. But they needed more time since they were struggling with proper mounting of the height sensors.

1 week later, it's sorted out and I pick the car up and it drives fine and the system works the way it's supposed to.

3 days ago, the driver's front fails, and in order to drive it, I had to replace both front struts back to OEM. It appears the tire was rubbing onto the bag, wearing it down, creating a hole. This clearly was not a defect. In the process of replacing the passenger side strut, I notice that the tire was also rubbing onto it, so it was eventually going to go as well.

I communicated this to the installer and he is quite sure that warranty isn't going to cover it. Based on our conversation thru text, it seems like they don't want to take the blame for it. Though they're not admitting it's their fault yet. I don't want to have a negative relationship, and I'm trying to give them the opportunity to right this, but if they make me pay for new front struts, I feel like I'm going to have to take them to court...

Here's our convo for you guys to read. Let me know what you guys think. This is just such a headache and I'm regretting my decision of going with this installer.

The car is a 2015 STi limited with the OEM wheels.

Let me know if you guys want more info.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 1 of 1 Posts