IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry to ask this but I don't have time to search through the forum for this because my mum just got diagnosed with lung cancer and my car had to break down on the same day.

I got p2441 code which indicates secondary air pump valve is stuck closed. Can I just clear the codes and keep driving the car for the mean time? Will it catch fire or anything?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2009 Subaru STI
5 Posts
You should be fine to clear the code and keep driving, the secondary air pump only runs for 15-20 seconds at start up. Chances are the code will come back though.

·
Registered
2009 Subaru STI
5 Posts
Is that not the air pump we usually delete?

IAG did this for me so I am not sure how much effort it is though..
It is the same air pump, I'm doing mine tomorrow. There's different levels of the removal you can do. Full removal is much easier when combined with an engine rebuild or extensive work in the car (Up pipe removed, Intake manifold, etc)

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to all that replied. As my car is bone stock and i have no plans to mod it, i'll be just disabling codes and leaving everything else in the car. I have the openport 2.0 but never got to use it besides unlocking the ROM but that was a long long time ago and i couldn't remember, can i just disable the code with Ecuflash alone or do i need to edit the ROM in ROMraider and then flash it again using EcuFlash?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts