IW STi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I hate to start the nit picking, but, did anyone else notice the seats are not the same as the STi available elsewhere? I know they are blue, but they don't appear to have the same seat bottoms.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Time For Technical Forums?

They may still be tweaking some things...

But, let's face it, the American public is bigger than the other World markets where they have been so far. I've sat in JDM STi seats, and while they were a little tight, they were very comfortable.

I'll be happy with any decent seat that is more comfortable and has more support than the WRX seats do, and that is my guage...

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, I am happy with what we got and I too hope that the seats are comfortable and supportive. I would like to know if the seats do have the integrated headrest.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
let's put it this way. i'm willing to loose a few pounds if we get snug, comfortable, sporty seats. :wink:

·
Registered
67 Posts
The seats don't appear to be the same as the rest of world's STi seats. They look a little bigger.

They do have an integrated head rest - you can see it in the pics.

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
how are the sti's allocated to the dealers?

I was a little disappointed with the seats seeing as the EVO 8 got nice Recaro ones...but then none of the pics that originally were released in October had Recaro or Sparco racing seats...

(edited 12:19 am Jan 8)

Oops nevermind. I think they are Recaros

·
Registered
541 Posts
LA Auto Show Disappointment

Sat in the USDM Evo VIII seats at the LA Auto Show. They are in fact larger, with shallower side bolsters, than the Euro-spec VII that was at Rim of the World.

Just more proof that this is the fattest country on earth... :)

·
Registered
541 Posts
SnowbordrWRX said:
Nothing like ECAM seats eh, Agent Chobos! haha
Oh yeah, I forgot about those! :D ECAM = Electronically Controlled Ass Molding seats. My thoughts exactly after sitting in the RX-8. As soon as I sat down I felt like the car had been built around me. I don't remember ever fitting so perfectly into a cockpit. The seat was great, the driving position was perfect. The wheel was the perfect diameter and just at the perfect distance & height; I looked down at my right hand in its natural position, and behold! The shifter was right there. And everything on the center console was in easy reach without leaning forward.

This Agent gives the RX-8 an A++ for every aspect of ergonomics.

BTW, I'm 5'6" and 150 lb on a good day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts