IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard that the Canadian release rear seat has a trunk pass-thru.
Is this true? If so, what can I do to get them? Links would be great. Price even better.

Thanks in advance. I REALLY have a need for it. There is an expensive item in my trunk that needs to reach the cab. (yup it's a sub)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ANYONE?? suggestions? It would be nice to have an STI pass-thru rather than a WRX pass-thru. I can get WRX seats but....

·
Registered
454 Posts
If you had a WRX seat back, and just ordered a new rear seat cover from a Canadian dealer, you'd probably have what you're after.

·
Registered
80 Posts
If you had a WRX you have pass-through seats. STI's don't have that because of the reinforcement bracing between the rear shock towers. One of the minor inconveniences of owning a street-legal race car I'm afraid.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Oldalfaguy said:
If you had a WRX you have pass-through seats. STI's don't have that because of the reinforcement bracing between the rear shock towers. One of the minor inconveniences of owning a street-legal race car I'm afraid.
I dont think this is true, cause I have a rear pass-through on my STi :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Really? Is your car American or Canadian? If it's American I wonder why mine doesn't have that feature - sure could use it.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I thought the Canadian STi's got the pass-through and the US STi's didn't. If Subaru was concerned enough about weight on the US cars to nix the floor mats, I can imagine that they might have eliminated the split seat too.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Mine is Canadian.

The weight thing is a good explanation, they didnt seem to care about weight on ours. We got floormats and a sound system also.

·
Registered
454 Posts
googe said:
The weight thing is a good explanation, they didnt seem to care about weight on ours. We got floormats and a sound system also.
Yeah, but we got the HIDs and the IC sprayer.. :D

·
Registered
304 Posts
DrEvyl said:
googe said:
Yeah, but we got the HIDs and the IC sprayer.. :D
We have the IC sprayer too, and the HIDs might not be a weight issue.
Unless you were implying that you got a better deal, which if you are, you got a FAR better deal hands down. Our car costs about $8k more than yours, after factoring the exchange :(

·
Registered
97 Posts
light mods for new STI owner....

I highly doubt a split seat back could weight so much more than a regular back. I have no idea why they left that out for US cars though.
Now I got an AWD that I can't go snowboarding with.. it's silly.
I am sure if we change our seatback for canadian version, we can find a hole in the bracket large enough to slid something through.
What do you guys think?

·
Registered
240 Posts
ok i know we didn't get the fold down seat opt. but i'm going board'n and i'm just tak'm the back seat out!:) i think i'll have more than enough room.when i pull it i'll let you guys know on mod'n it :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Tein S-Techs Pics!

ok i know we didn't get the fold down seat opt. but i'm going board'n and i'm just tak'm the back seat out!:) i think i'll have more than enough room.when i pull it i'll let you guys know on mod'n it :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Very simple to to for people who like to haul ski's...etc.

1. Open trunk and mark area where you would like to get through.
2. Using a sawzall, "modify" back seat by fabricating a rectangular hole which "passes through" to the passenger compartment.
3. Vacuum up all the debris from the newly "customized" back seat

A VERY cost effective upgrade, and it saves weight !!
BLING BLING baby !!!! and chics LOVE it.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Chics only love it when you can lock them in the trunk after you have removed the inner trunk release handle.

·
Registered
422 Posts
It doesn't appear that there is anything behind the seat back. There is a 1" (25 mm?) fabricated bracket under the rear seat squab tying the left and right rear trailing bar mounts together. My USDM STi has extra clearance molded into the squab's foam. Could it be that Subaru has been trying to save a few bucks on tooling the parts to accommodate a pass through? I own a pair of 235 cm down hill skies...

·
Registered
33 Posts
googe said:
Mine is Canadian.

If this is indeed true...i wonder if we can swap out the usdm seats for the canadian ones so we can have the rear fold down seats....has anyone looked into this yet?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts