IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Does everyone's little dash seat belt guy work properly? I haven't noticed it before, but my little guy comes on when I first turn the car on, stays on about as long as the ABS light, and then goes away...regardless of whether the seatbelt is plugged in or not.

Anyone else have this? Wondering if something is unhooked, generally wrong, or if this may be something my alarm is doing.

Feedback please.

·
Registered
382 Posts
i think that's the way it should be, its just a reminder when you turn on the car, in the owners manual it says- "This device causes the seatbelt warning light on the instrument panel to light up for about six seconds when the ignition switch is turned to "ON" to remind the driver to wear the seatbelt. If the driver's seatbelt is not fastened, a warning chime sounds at the same time." Mine's the same way.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm....could be. I guess I'm so used to my old car that had the biggest seatbelt guy ever (not really, just looked that way) right in the middle of the dash that flashed if you took your belt off at any time.

thanks for checking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts