IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my STi (which I believe to be part of the "second allocation"), here's my experience via seat of the pants feeling in the car.

It has great low end power, from 2K on it's totally drivable, just taking off from 3K and feeling torque pushing me up to 4500 rpm.

From 4500 on up, I do not feel much acceleration. I see acceleration through the speedo, but I don't feel it pushing me back in the seat. Is this because the torque peaks so early that it feels like this?

I'm curious to know what others feel about their seat of the pants ride.
I've owned several fast cars and very fast bikes and most have a top end rush. Being a turbo, I figured I'd feel the same here, if not moreso.

I want to make sure I'm getting the right power before I order some very egotistical (spelling?) personalized plates that will make me look bad if I'm not smoking camaros and mustangs galore.

·
Registered
146 Posts
You are feeling the torque curve begin to fall off slightly after 4500. It's normal according to the dyno plots I have seen and my own experience.

·
Registered
541 Posts
It has also been noted that the turbo on this car is pretty small (relatively) for good response, but may sacrifice a bit of the top end. Power peak is a full 1000 RPM before redline.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts