IW STi Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, im new to IWSTI, long time listener first time caller.
I was at my local dealership checking out the 06 STI and my girlfriend was with me. Im about 6'3" and she is about 5'10" and she was complaining up a storm of how Closter phobic she was getting. We narrowed it down to the fact that ther seat seemed really high compared to the driver seat, are there any aftermarket seats that lower the overall height a bit, im not to fond of the stockers already.

·
Registered
168 Posts
In case you are not aware of it, the passenger side has less leg room than the drivers side. Perhaps that is what she was feeling.

I do not have any specific advice for types of seats to check out, but aftermarket ones could potentially be lower and moved further back. I sure someone here will give you some more advice for good seat options....

Good luck,
J

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
There's a lever that you pump either up or down to controll the seat height..I'm '6 "1 and have to pump my seat up a little so you should have no problem the travel is pretty big..

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
phew... the salesman was no help, i swear i sat there for like 20 minutes trying to make it work for her, i tend to drive everywhere and id hate for her to be all uncomfortable

·
Premium Member
2,615 Posts
uh, he is talking about the passenger side. Unless they changed something on the '06 there is no height adjustment for the passenger seat.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ARG no adjustment, o well ill have to improvise with some new seats :p

·
pwn n00bs
18,247 Posts
buy aftermarket seats, they always tend to sit an inch or two lower making it very nice.
the stockers are way to high and umcomfortable.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
i believe, either sti in japan or hks makes rails for stockers that lowers the seat.

or get fast market seats, they are super low

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
i was it from japnese magazine. its was made from HKS. so i would call either HKS or some vendors that carry japanese parts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
My Recaro Speeds are at the perfect height for me. :) I agree that even at the lowest position, stock seats are too high.

·
Registered
467 Posts
GTSJOE said:
where can I get those seat rails that you are talking about
I've gone back and forth about getting aftermarket seats. The stockers sit a little to high for me. This is probably my biggest complaint. Yeah the seats are a little uncomfortable, i.e., sitting on vice in, but if they were lower I would like them much better. The lower seat rails can be referenced here http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist.php?dealer=1&car=2&middle=2&small=17.

The first two items are the ones. I'm assuming the JDM passenger rail is for our US driver's side? I may look at getting these in the spring.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts