IW STi Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Here's lap at Sears' Point, also known as Infinion.

As always, the fastest lap is generally without traffic, so it can be a bit boring. However, it does give you a good idea of what the track looks like. very technical and dangerous place to drive a car fast!!!

NASCAR fans note: the NASCAR guys bypass a whole seciton of track, so this may look a little strange to you...

Time was 2:05.

Enjoy... http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2336655098267071134&hl=en

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
Looks good and like a lot of fun :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I run with NASA, in HPDE Group 3. There are a few of us that are 'Group 3 lurkers" because we don't plan to mive up to Group 4...

The Group 4 guys tend to be a bit more "agressive": lots of trailer'd in race cars and such. The benefit of running 4 is that it is "Open Track, All Day", typically folks getting time in towards their Competition License. However, that can (and does) equate to cars 3 and 4 wide through corners, which isn't the most comfortable for those of us planning to drive home that day!!!

Go online to http://www.nasaproracing.com/hpde/index.html and check it out. They also run quite a few "mid-week" sessions that are really cool if you can get the time away from work/life: 7 sessions at 20 minutes each and a final 8th session at 30 minutes all in one day! However, those are only for Groups 2, 3 & 4... no beginners. That said, most folks move out of group 1 within their first day at the track.

Good, clean fun! Hope to see you out there!...MM

·
Registered
833 Posts
looks like a blast,maybe one of these days i can do it...your exhaust sounds mean by the way:D

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanx everyone for the nice comments!

double helix: Nasa membership is $40 per year. Mid-week's are $215 and weekends are $280. Check it out at http://www.nasaproracing.com/calendar.html pick a Region, then scroll down to see dates and costs.

sti-liger: thanx... I went for the "signature" exhaust from Vishnu on his V370 kit so it wouldn't be as loud. As you can hear, at WOT she's still pretty loud! Glad I went for the quiet option. Turbo and BOV can be heard due to Typhoon intake.

Thanx again all for the kind remarks

·
Registered
993 Posts
Great video. Unfortunately, we do not have that kind of elevation change on the tracks around me. Do you have a harness bar with a camera mount or do you use a suction cup mount?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Looks like a ton of fun! I can't wait to get out of college and get a real job so I can start doing track days. All I can manage now is autocrosses and a few time attacks on test tracks and small roadcourses...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Andy STi: Yes, we are rather blessed to have Sears' Point, Thunderhill, Laguna, Buttonwillow all within a few undred miles of each other. I was using a suction cup mount, but switched to an I/O port mount on my Sparco Harness Bar. Actually, the suction mount seemed a tiny bit more stable (less jittery), but I am much happier having it BOLTED to the car now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts