IW STi Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i have a 06' STi and it sounds like the rear passenger side passenger door is adjar or the window is open when i reach a speed of around 30 mph and it just gets louder and louder with speed. anyone got anything on this???

My car only has 4800 miles just got it 2 months ago

·
Registered
451 Posts
not really.

there is a bit of windsheild noise and occasional i doubel check to make sure all my windows are up. but usually i just drive with the windows down.

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
its normal, its a howl and i also have it

·
Registered
514 Posts
Yeah, I have this noise and it sucks. My first STi didn't have it but my current one does. It always sounds like my driver's side door isn't closed all the way or the window is slightly rolled down.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The 2006 I had did the same thing. When I was on the highway at around 45-60mph or so I would start hearing the air leaking in. Putting the window down a bit and then back up would fix it. You should take it to the dealer and have them fix it under warranty. The seals were probably put on a tiny bit off or something.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Dont feel bad i have all kinds of weird noises!

·
Registered
375 Posts
got the same noice here.. :(
ilovecarbs said:
Yeah, I have this noise and it sucks. My first STi didn't have it but my current one does. It always sounds like my driver's side door isn't closed all the way or the window is slightly rolled down.

·
Registered
441 Posts
edy said:
The 2006 I had did the same thing. When I was on the highway at around 45-60mph or so I would start hearing the air leaking in. Putting the window down a bit and then back up would fix it. You should take it to the dealer and have them fix it under warranty. The seals were probably put on a tiny bit off or something.
:yeahthat:

Try this with each of your windows...I sometimes have to do this with my driver's door window.

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
is it just me or are you guys seeing a trend? it seems to only happen on the 06-07?

·
Premium Member
2,372 Posts
I have a SERIOUS noise when at high speeds (over 100mph) Almost makes me def!!

Its from the side merriors from what people have told me!

However, I have no other noises when doing 30 or more in my 06!

Jay

·
Registered
165 Posts
At least the back end of your car does not squeak and rattle the entire time you are under 20mph. Its super annoying (that plastic squeak sound).

·
Registered
93 Posts
no big deal your just blowing the doors off... thats why u bought it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts