IW STi Forum banner

181 - 193 of 193 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,695 Posts
Re: Sean's 2014 DPB GTR pics and first impressions

Hit 1000 miles yesterday following a pretty careful break-in period. She's now due for her first oil change and is booked to have a clear wrap from the front doors forward on Monday.

I have finally gotten used to the steering and am no longer surprised by how it tracks when there are furrows or parallel running lines in the road. And I did finally see some boost, man is that a hoot :)

Image Link
It's called trough wander. GM used to have an alignment bulletin that described the condition. Low profile wide tires and narrow track width tend to ride in the high side of the trough in the road made by trucks. Kinda like high centering on a dirt two track road. There is one Vette thread describing it.

Nice addition, keep us posted.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #182

After watching this, why even wait for the "break-in" looks like nissan took that car up to 300KPH and full boost well before it even left the production line... :lol:
Mostly because they said to and since they can read a ton of data about how the car has been treated I decided to keep my nose clean on the break in so there was no discussion later if there is an issue.

They don't change the oil till 6k. The first service is about synching up the turbos, setting the clutches, tightening things back down to spec so my guess is things stretch a little and they want to get the car back to a spec before you race it or beat on it again.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #183

At 4500 miles now so definitely broken in. I won't say you can't do it but applying throttle in anger in this car brings surprising results. All four tires break loose and whatever is next to you quickly disappears in the rear view mirror. A lot like a liter bike really and about the same timing 0-60. I'm having a blast and hopefully I won't do that kind of thing when a cop is looking. :) I don't do it often but slow people annoy me sometimes.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
My next car. Had a gunmetal one next to me on the road this past weekend and they look amazing in person. Kind of how STis always look better in person. He gave me a friendly rev at a light and not sure what exhaust he was running but it sounded wicked as he took off.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
My next car. Had a gunmetal one next to me on the road this past weekend and they look amazing in person. Kind of how STis always look better in person. He gave me a friendly rev at a light and not sure what exhaust he was running but it sounded wicked as he took off.
Being a former STI driver I tend to flash the 2 finger salute at STIs. Sometimes I get it back and sometimes I get puzzled looks.. I ignore those EVO drivers like they're not even there :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
Traded the GTR in on a 2016 370z Nismo last week. As fun as it was it was eating all my money and impeding my progress on other goals. It was a hoot though and I'll never be sorry I did it.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
How does the 370z compare to the GTR?
The payment is about $500 less..
0-60 in 5 secs vs. 2.8 so that's a trade off
Manual 6 speed vs paddle shifters and I missed the manual
Z lacks room but I actually like it better in the corners
Better gas mileage
Less paparazzi

I've only had it a little over a week so just getting to know it but I think I made the right choice long term. The payments were killing my mojo. $1162 a mo with $30k down.

181 - 193 of 193 Posts