IW STi Forum banner

41 - 60 of 592 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Re: Sean's '13 STI Sedan Build

So I'm stuck in a debate on GTX3576r or PT6266. Love the Garrett reliability but I'm liking the PT power. I will be putting either turbo on E85. The spool isn't bad on either turbo. Anyone got insight or opinions

·
Registered
9,112 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #43

Do GTx3582 you will make as much if not a little more than 6266, or go hta3586
im not sure if the gtx3582r is going to spool the way i want it too which is why i was interesterd in the x3576r. Seen good power and early power with that turbo. But the PT6266 is making great and from videos has good spool.

·
Registered
9,112 Posts

im not sure if the gtx3582r is going to spool the way i want it too which is why i was interesterd in the x3576r. Seen good power and early power with that turbo. But the PT6266 is making great and from videos has good spool.
You could also look into the HTA3582 which spools quicker (and likely makes more power than the GTX3576) than the GTX3582 and better than the regular GT3582.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #45

Ya I've heard good things with those HTA turbos. Let's just say if you had to choose between only a GTX3576 or a PT6266 what would you do. Remember I'm going to be on E85.

·
Registered
9,112 Posts

·
Registered
9,112 Posts

The HTA3586 makes a little bit more power than the 6266 but it is a more reliable turbo (Garrett reliability :tup:) http://www.iwsti.com/forums/3942772-post604.html I hit around 300wtq at 3700rpms back when I had the stock IM which is pretty darn good for a 75lb/min turbo :)

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

So Im going to be doing a 6266. I like the power and the price difference between Garrett will let me do some other mods at same time. I have alotof friends running precision without any issues.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #50

The ETS FMIC and intake came in. Boy do they look amazing. I will be installing them Thursday on my day off. I will do a full write up on everything then.

·
Registered
676 Posts

Is there a way you can take a picture showing any space between the front mount and the radiator? I thinking of the kit but want to add oil and power steering coolers

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #55

Still working on getting a write up of everything. Girlfriend gave me a tanabe strut tower brace, IAG battery tie down, and a Perrin boost cover. I will get write ups of everything up asap. Been really busy. Made a quick time lapse of the fmic install though in the mean time.
http://youtu.be/Vne9ljjiT5Y

·
Registered
1,509 Posts

Need to swap in some IAG dress up parts (dipstick, etc)...it makes the engine bay 100x nicer once the yellow parts are gone. Still looks good.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #57

Need to swap in some IAG dress up parts (dipstick, etc)...it makes the engine bay 100x nicer once the yellow parts are gone. Still looks good.

I'm going to after I get the new turbo setup in. Focusing on that first then I'll finish dressing up under the hood

·
Registered
892 Posts

(Nodding emphatically)

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)

So i got busy the other day and did the write ups

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gr-general/276595-ets-intake.html

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gr-general/276596-ets-fmic.html

Installed a bunch of parts. So as you know the whole ETS FMIC w/ TiAL Q & intake is in

Also dont flame on the TiAL, i will be speed density shortly just waiting to get into my shop but just to state i have not had any issues with running this BOV so far. Holds boost and releases as it should. Slight surge under 5psi

Also installed some other parts:
Tanabe strut tower brace

IAG battery tie down

Perrin boost cover - black

I also recieved my Perrin leight weight crank pulley that my builder/tuner will be putting on for me when he tunes the car on speed density.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #60

Is there a way you can take a picture showing any space between the front mount and the radiator? I thinking of the kit but want to add oil and power steering coolers

Right under 3" so I would say you have about 2 3/4" safely.

41 - 60 of 592 Posts