IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My New GR: 2011 STi 5 Door PBP

Well guys,, after being out of the STi world for about a year, I missed it so much I bought a new one. I looked at several used and all were in bad shape or modded, and if I was going to sepnd 28-30 on a used I would want stock and pretty minty, and it seemed like no dealer within a 250 miles radius had a clean one, so I decided to go to one of the dealers our insurance agency insures and got a steal on a 5 door PBP with the SPT Short Shifter for $34,500 out the door.

Here she is in the showroom, more pics to follow. My other STi's are on below, check out my GD's.... Now time for some hatch fun!!!!

About Me:

I'm 24, engaged to a beautiful women, have a gorgeous 22 Month Old Baby Girl Named Scotlyn Paige. Love Sti's. Played college baseball until I got hurt, "Left-Handed Pitcher throwing high 80's" for you baseball fans! I buy and sell cars and probably have had almost 54 Cars now. Name it I've probably had it. Was a Honda guy until I drove an STi. Love to joke around and always have a positive attidue. I'm an Insurance Agent/Commercial Account Manager working for Reed, Wertz & Roadman, Inc Insurance Agency, and love what I do. My family has 4 Dogs, my boy is a 2yr old Boxer "Cooper", 2 Cats, 5 Ducks, and a Rabbit. We bought our first house 2 days before Scotlyn was born, with three acres. A little land for the animals to play on. I'm sure more to come, but now for the good stuff!!!!!

My Story:

OK guys I've been wanting to make a journal for a long time and now I will do it, to see the progress of my STi and how it all started. Little bit of background on me Sean Forney and my pursuit to getting an STi. Well it all started in 2004 when I graduated, I had a dream and goals set to get the following "STi or Vette by age 23" then the big one "Ferrari by age 40!" The color I wanted in an STi in 04' was AW with goldies, this will help you understand my car change later in the story, READ ON! I was buying and selling cars to pay my way through college and finally had a good amount of money saved up. I was sitting on the couch and my GF said "I'm tired of riding in a new car every month, I want you to get a car and keep it." So, that night when she was sleeping I was looking at Vettes and STi, saw one of each that I liked, called made and oofer on the Vetter and they declined, then I called and made and offer on the STi and they accepted, which happened to be the best car buying decision that I ever made. I was 22 when I purchased my first STi in August of 2008, it had 22,222 Miles on it and I got a crazy deal at $18,500. Here is a picture of that one, after I paint my stock wheels black, HKS Carbon Ti Exhaust, APS 65MM Inake, 20% window tint, and WORX BPV.

The reason I posted that is because, that was just the beggining. I started kicking around the idea of getting a new car, after only owning the WRB STi for abuot 10 months. I drove and 09 STi didn't like it and a Pontiac G8, which was nice but it wasn't an STi. I posted my WRB for sale and what do you know within two days someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse. At this time I had racked up the miles to 52,000, 30K in 10 months=lots of driving. His offer was $17,500, then long story short I got $18,000, I figured I made out pretty good. Well when I sold that one I already had my eyes on one in Charolette, NC about 5 hours away. It was, you guessed it, a 2004 STi Aspen White With Gold BBS Wheels, my orginal dream STi. Here is a pic the day I got it on July 2, 2009.

Just as I had wanted. A virgin with 57,000 Miles on it. BTW I got a steal of a deal at $16,400, with clean history all service records and two owner. Now since I got my STi that I always wanted it was time to start this project. Since July 2, 2009, it has begun its transformation.

Car:
2004 Subaru STi Aspen White Gold BBS 57,000 Miles

Engine Mods:
-Intake Silencer Delete

Future Engine:
-Cobb SF Intake

Exhaust Mods:
-Invidia Catless V2 Downpipe
-Invidia G200 Catback
-Cut the stock heat sheild to fit the DP

Tuner Mods:
-Cobb Access Port Version 2

Exterior Mods:
-IWSTI License Plate Bracket
-5% Suntek Carbon Series Window Tint
-Cobb Three Inch Decals on Rear Windows

Interior Mods:
-2006 STi Shift Knob
-Polished Shift Boot Bezel with STi painted Red

Suspension Mods:
-Cobb Sport Springs

Future Mods to the Car in the Next 30 Days:
-V-Limited Lip

Future Mods to the Car in after 30 Days:
-Pro-Tune
-Cobb SF Intake
-Wheels Kind Unsure

Ok guys and gals, time for me to continue updating the list, like everyone else:rofl:

Stay Tuned to see a Transformation

Keep in mind I'm not a photographer, most pictures are from my 3gs iPhone, so don't butcher them up too much!

Thanks for looking at my journal!

Sean

Contents:

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/2565602-post2.html -Turbo Back Exhaust, Intake Silencer Delete

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/2565603-post3.html -Pics of old WRB 04' STi

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/2565606-post4.html -Suspension Pics, Cobb Springs

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/2565655-post5.html -Sanding & Painting Shift Boot Bezel

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/2565657-post6.html -Window Tint, License Plate, Hella Supertones

Attachments

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Re: seanforney's 2004 AW STi New Journal

Putting on the G200

Starting the hour and a half process of putting the DP on, and going Stage 2!

The beggining!

Cooling the DP down!

While we had the wheel off, we went ahead and did the Stock Intake Silencer Delete!

After removing the heat sheild!

Invidia V2 Catless!

Underneath the Car!

Stock Parts Removed!

Down Pipe Installed.

I will get a picture of the finished product later!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

Pictures of my old 2004 WRB Sti!

As you can see in the pictures I did go wingless for a short period of time!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

OK guys I got my Cobb SPrings on Saturday and put them on last night. Here are the pics tell me what you think. In the process of doing this we also took off the bezel around the shift boot and polished it.

The new suspension that we are putting on. The struts are off an 07' but mine were new so we swapped them out.

The very beginning!

The first strut and spring out!

No top hat anymore!

Compressing the stock springs to get them off and get the strut ready for the Cobb Springs!

The first Cobb Spring on!

Just got done taking the back seat apart to get to the rear struts!

The rear Cobb Springs on!

And the grand finale, the finished product!

Finished product!

Beautiful

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

Now for pics of us sanding and painting the boezel around the shift boot!

After we sanded it we taped it off ready for paint.

Paint!

Put if under a heat lamp to speed up the drying process!

Sanding the excess paint off!

Almost done!

Rubbing Compund to get that extra shine!

And heres the finished product!

Finished, how does it look!

Beautiful.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

Here are some updated pics. 5% window tint, V-Limited Lip, new license plate with IWSTI bracket, and Hella Supertones, which you can't see, but their there.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Re: seanforney's 2004 AW STi Downpipe Install Pics! New Journal Lots of Pics!

Shes looking great Sean! Are you stage 2 yet? What intake did you end up going with?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Shes looking great Sean! Are you stage 2 yet? What intake did you end up going with?
Yeah went Stage 2 last week and loving it. I havn't got an intake yet, but I am getting a Cobb SF whenever I get pro-tuned or when I feel like spending more money!!!! haha, hows your ride treating you?

·
Registered
109 Posts

Well its in desperate need of a clutch. The stage 2 ceramic isn't holding anymore.. So now I have to sell my ps3. Haha. Oh well, its to a good cause.

Protuned eh? Do you have a tuner in mind?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Well its in desperate need of a clutch. The stage 2 ceramic isn't holding anymore.. So now I have to sell my ps3. Haha. Oh well, its to a good cause.

Protuned eh? Do you have a tuner in mind?

Wow thats sucks you gotta get a new clutch. Yeah I have been talking to Agile in Baltimore to get a tune done. Also while I'm there I'm going to get a Cobb SF Intake.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Re: seanforney's 2004 AW STi Spring Install Pics!!!!

Agile eh? That 500whp AW 05 that I drove was tuned by Agile. Apparently their quite good. Yeah, the clutch is a big bummer. But I did buy used, and there are headaches that come with that. I'm going to go with an OEM replacement Exeedy clutch. It seems to be the best of both worlds.

Also, I've heard great things about the Cobb SF! Good luck man!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: seanforney's 2004 AW STi Spring Install Pics!!!!

Agile eh? That 500whp AW 05 that I drove was tuned by Agile. Apparently their quite good. Yeah, the clutch is a big bummer. But I did buy used, and there are headaches that come with that. I'm going to go with an OEM replacement Exeedy clutch. It seems to be the best of both worlds.

Also, I've heard great things about the Cobb SF! Good luck man!

Yeah the OEM replacement should do you fine, yeah Agile is usally very good and I'm hoping for the samething when they tune my car. My buddy just got a 04' JBP last night so were both going to get tuned down there!

1 - 20 of 130 Posts