IW STi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How do you remove these? I parked outside work the other day and got 2 scratches on the rear bumper. Then when I went outside today, I got another 2 scratches on the other side of the rear bumper. Can't believe how disrespectful some people are towards the property of others.They're not as deep as scratches from someone keying the car, but they're fairly deep. I read another post about using compound, is this in any way harmful to the car? And what other ways are there to remove scratches?

·
Registered
12,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
does it damage the paint and where can i get it at?

·
Registered
690 Posts
well usally if you can run your fingernail across the scratch and it will stop its to deep to get out. you can get some 1500-2000 grit wetsand paper and sand gently,then use some 3m buffing compound to get rid of the scratches, after the dullness goes away you can put wax/glaze/handpolish whitch ever you have and wala bye bye scratches!!

·
Premium Member
3,078 Posts
If you can feel it with your nail, it needs touch-up paint or wet sanding. If you wet sand, you better have a rotary or pc to finish, otherwise it wont look good.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
If you cant feel the scratch, i would start with a polish to see what can be taken out. A PC will be very nice to have in this situation. But like the guys said, if the scratch is deep, you need to get some touch up paint and wetset.

·
Registered
12,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sounds so complicated, screw it imma just leave'em there

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
STIskeet said:
Find a reputable shop that can attempt to buff it out. It's worth it if it works. Some collision repair shops can do it for cheap.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
STIskeet said:
Meguair's Scratch-x will reduce its appearance greatly. It is cheap, and very safe to use...you will have to use multiple applicaitons to get out serious scratches. You may find this is good enough to live with - that way you don't have to pay for wet sanding.

·
Premium Member
3,078 Posts
Singletrack said:
Meguair's Scratch-x will reduce its appearance greatly. It is cheap, and very safe to use...you will have to use multiple applicaitons to get out serious scratches. You may find this is good enough to live with - that way you don't have to pay for wet sanding.
+1 to ScratchX:tup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts