IW STi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Picked up my car yesterday from the dealer :D. 06 WR Blue/Gold She had 7 miles on her.
I'm going to post pics and a review later, but when i pulled over for a quick break i noticed a 1.5 inch scratch on the drivers side fender where it meets the hood and the mirror. By the time i noticed it the dealer had closed, and even then i'm not sure what they would have done.

I did a trick where someone said to run your fingernail over it, and my fingernail gets caught if i move my fingernail very slowly over the scratch:)(), but doesnt if i move quickly. I can't see the primer.

I'd like to get it taken care of by a professional asap. Anyone know a stellar body in Long Island, lower NY state, CT? Cost isn't a factor but a perfect job is.

Thanks guys!

Mike

· Registered
693 Posts
To bad your not in md! Anyway get some 1500 grit wetsand paper and some compound and sand away but be carefull. As long as the scratch isnt in the color you will be fine. If your finger nail barly stops its probly in the clear coat and you can wetsand it out. Give it a try what do you have to lose you already have a scratch and it might have to be painted so you cant hurt it anymore then it is.

· Registered
4,300 Posts
LogicalXtremes said:
to bad your not in md anyway get some 1500 grit wetsand paper and some compound and sand away but be carefull as long as the scratch isnt in the color you will be fine if your fingernail barly stops its probly in the clear coat and you can wetsand it out give it a try what do you have to lose you already have a scratch and it might have to be painted so you cant hurt it anymore then it is
holy run on sentence

· Registered
693 Posts
Sorry!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.