IW STi Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As said I scraped the underside of the air splitters on a curb. This wouldnt be a big deal other hten that on the right side (looking at car) the air splitter caught and it broke that O shaped piece that goes around the 10mm bolt underneath. I manage to get it back in place, but its torn that O and this really sucks. It seems like you have to have the whole piece replaced as well. What can I Do and can the dealer help at all or what should I do? Thanks

RObert~

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ouch :( 150... crap anyone else have an idea?

Robert~

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya I might go for that... I just feel stupid for doing it. It's staying in place just fine, but knowing its broken bugs the mess out of me. *sigh* o well, off to the dealer sometime next week I guess.

Robert~

·
Registered
151 Posts
Re: Saying Hi

I too have that particular battle scar. Never done it in any other cars I've had, now 3 weeks in and have a scratch along the ground effect you are referring too.

I don't see that part on subaruparts site someone listed earlier though

??

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
me either, but if its $150 for both from subaruparts... and 77 (x2 = 154)each at dealer... then I'll eat the $4 and just buy it from the dealer.

Robert~

·
Registered
949 Posts
i know it's an old post, but i did this on my car too.
personally i would like to see some sort of cf splitter or front lip as that's something i want for my car anyway

·
Registered
169 Posts
WORX BOV...??

Yep, I'm in the same boat. Mine are scraped along the bottom, but you can't see it unless you're up under the car. Personally I don't think about it much, and I never see it, so I don't have any intentions of fixing or replacing them.

·
Registered
368 Posts
If you guys want some protection against that from happening you can try our clear bra material. I cant say that IT will STOP the lips from getting scratched, but I have seen many of them them scraped without the product. THe ones with the film on it helps the suffering and damage that is caused at a cheaper cost.

Let me know if I can help.

·
Registered
163 Posts
yup... I'm a member of this club now as well, busted mine going into a parking lot yesterday.

I'm only a little bitter though.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hey, me too - 3 days after getting the car. I traded in a 4x4 pickup for it so I wasn't used to the low clearance. I just bit the bullet and ordered new painted ones for $150 and had them installed in an hour, so now it's good as new. My reasoning was replace them now while the paint tones still match well (I really fudged up the left splitter, too).

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
yep scraped mine clean off.no damage to the bumper cover.scraped the plastic header protector .lucky for me the old lady works at a body shop.$50 a pop,no labor .expensive parking eh

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hey, me too - 3 days after getting the car. I traded in a 4x4 pickup for it so I wasn't used to the low clearance. I just bit the bullet and ordered new painted ones for $150 and had them installed in an hour, so now it's good as new. My reasoning was replace them now while the paint tones still match well (I really fudged up the left splitter, too).
Billy, Dont you still need to come see me? :wink: How's the tooth anyways

1 - 16 of 16 Posts